Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Viewing field value content across users in a collected list

• mz
  • mz
6 years 9 months ago #301348 by mz
Hi,

Thanks Kyle, I used your SQL to the filter (advanced) in the user list - Worked well for me:-)
I ran into an issue that I viewed a "-" in the user list, if checkbox was ticked and the field was actually empty. Solved that by using CB conditional....additional condition

Now I just have one issue left in relation to this topic at this point. I would like to view the field with content only on the new additional user list. How can I differentiate on which user list I want to publish the fields?

Thanks for you support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #301355 by krileon

Now I just have one issue left in relation to this topic at this point. I would like to view the field with content only on the new additional user list. How can I differentiate on which user list I want to publish the fields?

Fields are pre-configured within your userlist. You can add/remove them as needed by editing your userlist within CB > List Management. Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking here.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mz
  • mz
6 years 9 months ago #301386 by mz
Hi,

My apologies, wrongly explained.

I would like to view the field with content only on the new additional user list column. I do not want to publish the same field in the user profile detailed view. Meaning, I do not want the field to appear in the user profile view details. If I select not to show on the profile view it disappears as well on the my second user list....
Is that possible to solve or am I just missing something simple?

Thanks.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #301394 by krileon
Move the field to a tab in a not shown on profile position. This will allow it to display outside of the users profile without actually displaying on profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mz
  • mz
6 years 8 months ago #301435 by mz
Hi,

Thanks. I tried that already but that creates another issue for me.

If i do this, the field as well moves away from the relevant tab (in registration and edit profile page). The field as explained earlier will only conditionally open depending on checkbox selection . And this checkbox inclusive other related fields needs to be in the specific and relevant tab. As well the mentioned field needs to be in the same tab in registration and edit profile page. The field only needs to hide in the profile view but be shown in a user list column.

Is there another possible way to set this up?

Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301456 by krileon
You can probably do an odd condition like the following using CB Conditional to hide it specifically on profile to avoid having to move the field.

Display: Field conditional hide
Field: Custom > Value
Value: HIDE
Translate Value: No
Operator: Equal To
Value: HIDE
Translate Value: No

Next click the arrow next to Locations and set the following.

Profile Edit: No
Profile View: Yes
Userlist Search: No
Userlist View: No

That should hide it only from profile view.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: mz

Moderators: beatnantkrileon