Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Checkbox Multiple Field - Create a CB List

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #301337 by AlanJones
Hello, I am trying to create CB User lists from a Checkbox multiple field. The field has a bunch of volunteer interest options. My goal is to create a separate user list for each field that is checked, this would contain all users that have checked that specific value. Where I am having trouble is what value to put in the filter field, would it be the value of the field that is checked? For example, we have a field named "ushers"

1) I go to the sorting field and select my multiple checkbox field called "volunteer interest"
2) Then I am guessing that I select "contains"
3) Then do I add the field value, or is there other language like "checked" I need to use.

Thanks!

Own Your Own Community!
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by AlanJones.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
6 years 9 months ago #301339 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Checkbox Multiple Field - Create a CB List
I have another question:

One of the fields that I have in the multiple checkbox field is "Other" How can I display a conditional field that displays a text area? I have downloaded conditional fields, I created a text area field. I see the tab "CB conditional" under "integrations"
  1. Field | I selected the field "volunteer interest"
  2. Operator | I Selected "Does Contain"
  3. Delimiter | I am not sure what to enter
  4. Value | I am not sure what to enter
  5. Translate Value | I am not sure if I should leave this set to the default value
I want to conditionally show a text area field that I have created when the "Other" field is selected in my "volunteer interest" Field (Which is a multiple checkbox field)

Own Your Own Community!

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
6 years 9 months ago #301421 by AlanJones
Any updates here?

Own Your Own Community!

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301454 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Checkbox Multiple Field - Create a CB List

3) Then do I add the field value, or is there other language like "checked" I need to use.

Since it's a multi-checkbox field you simply add the value specified in the multi-checkbox field. Example as follows.

Value: Test_1
Label: Test 1

Value: Test_2
Label: Test 2

Value: Test_3
Label: Test 3

With the above configured in a multi-checkbox field you'd use a filter like the following to match Test 1.

cb_checkboxfield Contains Test_1

Delimiter | I am not sure what to enter

Leave that empty or set to |*| either should work. The delimiter, if supplied, is used to split a string into an array and see if the array contains the subsequent value.

Value | I am not sure what to enter

Same as the above. You'd specify whatever the actual value is. I'm guessing you've it set to "other".

Translate Value | I am not sure if I should leave this set to the default value

Leave as "No" since you don't want the stored value ran through translations before being compared.

Any updates here?

Sorry, it looks like I had missed your post somehow. If this ever happens again feel free to PM the topic URL to me.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
6 years 8 months ago #301484 by AlanJones
Thanks for your help, that worked.

One more question. While I am creating a CB list, In the columns tab, why are none of the new fields I created showing up? They are all set to searchable and published.

Own Your Own Community!

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301497 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Checkbox Multiple Field - Create a CB List

One more question. While I am creating a CB list, In the columns tab, why are none of the new fields I created showing up? They are all set to searchable and published.

They need to be set to display on profile otherwise they can not display on a userlist.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon