Skip to Content Skip to Menu

change user registration fields depending on the link of register layout

6 years 9 months ago #301420 by christopher.bisman
I need to create a user registration layout with different fields based on the link...

example:

mydomain.com/cb-register
In this case, the user that registers will be author type

mydomain.com/register
In this case, the user that registers will be registered type

Any idea?

/
For the part of changing the type of usergroup I found this post...
www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/18237-assigning-usergroup-based-on-cb-field-value

But for the first part I do not know how to do it

thank youu

:cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301453 by krileon
We don't really have a usecase for this. You are also wanting to give them a usergroup based off where they registered from making this even more tricky. CB Conditional can condition tabs/fields based off a parameter in the URL, but it's not really recommended to do this. This is done by configuring a Custom > Value condition then using [get_PARAMETER] to grab a parameter from the URL to check against. A field where they select their profile type will be 100% reliable and allow you to give them a usergroup easily based off their selection using CB Auto Actions.

If you insist on having different registration forms based off URL then suggest looking into using 3rd party extension CB Profile Pro otherwise for the select field usage simply create a select field with your profile types then configure conditions for other fields to check the profile type fields value then follow the guide you've linked.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #301671 by christopher.bisman
I finally did this

- Create in hidden menu an item register cb

mydomain.com/register

- Create 2 links in my frontpage and add

mydomain.com/register?utype=vendor

mydomain.com/register?utype=organizer

- Create a 2 field Drop Down (Single Select)

with one option each and with respective conditional

Global option
Label: vendor
Value: 1

conditional options
Display -> Field conditional Show
Field -> Value
Custom Value -> [GET_utype]
Operator -> Equal to
Value -> vendor

Global option
Label organizer
value: 2

conditional options
Display -> Field conditional Show
Field -> Value
Custom Value -> [GET_utype]
Operator -> Equal to
Value -> organizer

- So, finaly

For the rest of the form fields add a condition that shows or hides based on the value of the organizer / vendor field

in my case, hide 2nd tab with other fields.

I add some screenshots

- I still have to fix, when the form fails, redirect me again to the urls with the value html respectively
?utype=vendor / ?utype=organizer

- also missing that according to the value of the usertype I change the value of the user level (ACL)

when I finish this, I make an update
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by christopher.bisman.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #301703 by krileon
I really don't recommend doing that. It's basically an over complication of multi-type registration. Have a select field where the user selects what type they are. You can then condition off that field safely eliminating all your issues. It will also work in profile edit, profile view, etc.. where your usage will not unless every URL to those views includes that GET parameter. You could even set the select fields value based off the parameter in the URL using CB Auto Actions and some jQuery. Then hide the select field using CSS if you don't want it actually visible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by krileon.

6 years 8 months ago #301913 by christopher.bisman
I understand what you're saying

But I'm sorry, but what you say will affect the design that my client has requested.

I also do not use jquery, it's easier for me to do what I planted in the previous comment

Thank you

Moderators: beatnantkrileon