Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Auto action not saving

6 years 8 months ago #301432 by jameselvidge
Auto action not saving was created by jameselvidge
I'm trying to simply put in a redirect in the auto actions plugin and it only gives me the option to save copy. So, I save copy but changes don't stick. How do I save the changes I make in the auto actions plugin?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #301433 by jameselvidge
Replied by jameselvidge on topic Auto action not saving
Thank you for the overwhelming responses. I figured it out. This has got to be one of the most unintuitive programs I've ever worked with. So far, I'm not a big fan of community builder.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301448 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto action not saving

I'm trying to simply put in a redirect in the auto actions plugin and it only gives me the option to save copy. So, I save copy but changes don't stick. How do I save the changes I make in the auto actions plugin?

Sounds like you were editing a system action? System actions can't be edited. You can only publish them or make a copy. If you want to change its values you'd save a copy and make your changes in the copy, which would be on the Auto Actions page and not System Actions page.

Thank you for the overwhelming responses

I don't work weekends. You posted outside support business hours. Please see my signature for support business hours.

This has got to be one of the most unintuitive programs I've ever worked with. So far, I'm not a big fan of community builder.

We're always looking for ways to improve CB and our plugins. Suggestions are certainly welcomed. CB Auto Actions is however quite complex. It essentially lets you implement coded behavior into your site without having to code so it's hard to make this simple to use UX wise.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon