Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Ugly url

• grakula
  • grakula
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #301519 by grakula
Ugly url was created by grakula
Hi! I had profile url - website.ru/component/comprofiler/userprofile?Itemid=135
I add menu item with alias - profile and add redirect - Redirect 301 /component/comprofiler/userprofile website.ru/profile
Now I have url - website.ru/profile?Itemid=135
How I can delete ?Itemid=135
And this field in edit form on screenshot
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by grakula.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301541 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Ugly url
You don't need a redirect or anything of the sort. Create a Joomla menu item with a menutype of Community Builder > Profile and be sure its set to public and published with an empty User and Tab value. It'll then be used for SEF making profile URLs display as follows.

/menu-alias/username

Example as follows.

/profiles/tom

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• grakula
  • grakula
6 years 8 months ago #301548 by grakula
Replied by grakula on topic Ugly url
I do it all, but if I go to profile not by this menu item (clicking on content author for example, or on avatar from cblogin and other) I see ugly ?Itemid=135
And still in editing form this url with component/comprofiler.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301551 by krileon
CB is trying to use whatever menu item has an ID of 135. Find and delete that menu item if it's invalid and create a public and published Joomla menu item to CBs profile page. I don't know what else to tell you as that's all there is to it. In fact a public and published Joomla menu item to CBs profile page should've already existed as CB creates on on first install.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• grakula
  • grakula
6 years 8 months ago #301555 by grakula
Replied by grakula on topic Ugly url
It`s stange, but I have no item with ID 135, in trash too. But it displays in url. Сan you find out how to fix this?
And what about url in edit form from screenshot?
How I can do it like real url.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301559 by krileon
You absolutely have to have a menu item with an ID of 135. It directly comes from Joomlas menu items. Review your menu items carefully. The Itemid is equal to the ID column to the far right in Joomla menu management (navigate to Menus > All Menu Items). If there really is no menu item with ID 135 then something installed is altering the URL and adding it (3rd party SEF extension maybe?).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon