Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Feature Request: Rotate profile images

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
6 years 8 months ago #301665 by fribse2011
Feature Request: Rotate profile images was created by fribse2011
Some of our users don't really know how to rotate images, so they snap a picture on the cell phone, and upload it, and then it's sideways sometimes.
It would be nice to have some 'rotate' errors shown on the users own profile to fix it easily.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301697 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Feature Request: Rotate profile images
When they upload it it should be rotated automatically as their mobile photos contain EXIF data for the orientation. If you're using Client Side Resizing however this won't work since the client side resizing can't parse the EXIF data. So the only solution for that at this time is to disable client side resizing. I have however successfully implemented support for EXIF orientation parsing in CB Gallery client side resizing and will be implementing the same usage in core CB for image fields in a later release.

There's no plans to provide a means of rotating the image fields at this time, but maybe something to consider later in CB 3.0 when we basically redo all our fieldtypes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
6 years 8 months ago #301724 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic Feature Request: Rotate profile images
Cool, it's just a suggestion, and it should've been arrows, not errors :-) Damn autocorrect....

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon