Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Improvement to tagging

• timstohr
  • timstohr
6 years 8 months ago #301672 by timstohr
Improvement to tagging was created by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I just wanted to give you an improvement that can be done on the tagging bit in cb activity. It would be great if 1) you can restrict it so that only connections can tag you (or that the user can only tag connections), 2) That it tags you by either [username] or [name] (username would be seen as a fallback if [name] is empty.

That would be a huge improvement I think and which would make tagging actually feasible... (because who can now remember the usernames of their friends....)

:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301704 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Improvement to tagging

1) you can restrict it so that only connections can tag you (or that the user can only tag connections)

This is already the case. You can't tag a user id you're not connected to.

2) That it tags you by either [username] or [name] (username would be seen as a fallback if [name] is empty.

Don't understand what you mean by this. You select the tag from the dropdown, which lists all the users you're connected to. You can also type a name, but will not tag an account based off that name.

I think you maybe confusing tags with mentions? @name, @username, and @user_id usages are all user mentions. They are not limited to connections and no plans to limit them to connections. Auto complete for mentions (those connected to you) is planned in a later release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
6 years 8 months ago #301709 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Improvement to tagging
Hi, yes I meant MENTIONS. The Auto-complete is a big big help and would be great if you could choose the people from a list just like in the tags (so if you write @asp, it would show you all the connections starting with ASP, and then you can choose Aspen Woorlotit (for example).
I think that would be a great thing to have.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301719 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Improvement to tagging
Right, that's the plan is to have auto complete for mentions in a later release. It'll only search your connections though as doing site wide search for users is just typically too slow and heavy for most of our uses sites.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon