Skip to Content Skip to Menu

• jciconsult
  • jciconsult
6 years 8 months ago #301736 by jciconsult
Replied by jciconsult on topic Sign up with Google is not permitted.
It is supposedly the latest version 7.1.0+build.2017.11.07.15.08.03.f3e405876 for cbconnect
CB is 2.1.3
I turned the debug on for google but did not see any different result. Where is the log?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301740 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Sign up with Google is not permitted.

CB is 2.1.3

That's a stable release. We've had several build releases since then. Please download and install latest CB build and retry. Beyond that I don't know what to suggest as this all works fine in my tests.

I turned the debug on for google but did not see any different result. Where is the log?

Joomla debug mode and maximum error reporting also need to be enabled for CB to stop its redirect and output the debug information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jciconsult
  • jciconsult
6 years 8 months ago #301756 by jciconsult
Replied by jciconsult on topic Sign up with Google is not permitted.
The google hook seems to work only with registration turned on in a create new account mode. We can't have that. We can only link existing users. What are the settings for linking to existing users only? That seems to be our problem.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301769 by krileon
Registration shouldn't need to be turned on to allow login of existing linked users. Based off your post below it's trying to register a new account every time.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/238506-sign-up-with-google-is-not-permitted?limitstart=0#301729

Is that still the case? or are accounts created using the Google Sign Up button the only ones working correctly?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #306158 by MarlonFungai
Replied by MarlonFungai on topic Sign up with Google is not permitted.
I have a similar problem but with facebook registration is fine, linking is also fine but when I try login I get the message. The email 'marlonmurahwa@gmail.com' is already in use. Please login to link your account.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 months ago #306179 by krileon
Check the user created by CB Connect and ensure their provider field id has been supplied. If Facebook for example check that Facebook ID field has a value. Do not map core CB fields or the provider field in the Registration tab of various providers within CB Connect > Parameters.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarlonFungai

Moderators: beatnantkrileon