Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Registering directly in a group. Action secured by a field

• caropolis
  • caropolis
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #301759 by caropolis
Hello,
I'd like to manage this kind of situation :
- a group is created (I don't know if it is in groupjive or somewhere else)
- somebody is invited to register to this group. For this, the name of the group and a "password/code" has been sent before by mail
- when he registers, he indicates the name of the group and the "password/code" in the registration form

> how do I construct the register form to have these two conditions :
- verify that the group name exists
and
- verify that the "password/code" is the good password/code of this group
If it is ok,
the person is registered and part of this group,
else
he stays on the form page to check the group name or code.

I searched old subjects, but couldn't find way to do this.

thank you for your help,

Carolyn
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• caropolis
  • caropolis
6 years 8 months ago #301761 by caropolis
I Found CB invit, I will try with this first.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301772 by krileon
Depends on what you mean by group. What significance is there to the group? If it's supposed to be a community group then sure CB GroupJive can provide some of what you're asking as it has an Invite type where users have to be invited to join, but it has no registration validation of this. CB Invites can be used to invite other users to join the site it self and comes with a field that can be set to required on registration so everyone must be invited, but it has nothing to do with groups.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• caropolis
  • caropolis
6 years 8 months ago #301790 by caropolis
thank you, cb invit did the trick.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon