Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Download in cb content module shows blank page

• Astrid
  • Astrid
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #301880 by Astrid
I have some downloadfields that I show in a cb content module with:
Code:
[cb:userfield field="cb_downloads" user="#displayedOrMe"/]
cb_downloads is a query field that gets the available downloads from the database.
This is working fine. But, somewhere in the update process, something has changed. When clicking on a download link download is either opened or presented with a popup (all fine), but site shows a new tab with a blank page with this url:
Code:
informatie/fieldclass?field=cb_download1&function=download&user=186&reason=profile
where "informatie" is the name of the menu-item used to show the user profile. This is very confusing for users.

I am sure this is not the way it used to be. Please be so kind as to check this.

Extra info: just tested with published download tab and result is the same. So it has nothing to do with cb content module.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Astrid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #301896 by krileon
The download URLs for filefields go to com_comprofiler so yes it will have the menu-alias of your CB profile menu item and is normal. The URL should download the file or open it depending on the type unless you've set the field to force download. Does using the file field normally from profile work fine?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by krileon.

• Astrid
  • Astrid
6 years 8 months ago #301907 by Astrid
No it shows a white page with that url as well. (I already edited my first post).
It's an extra tab that opens. Download functions ok. Either open or download depending on file extension.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301943 by krileon
So you're using a query field to query for every users file fields and output them as a list or something of the sort? If that's the case be sure their URL structure is as follows.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=fieldclass&field=FIELD_NAME&function=download&user=USER_ID&reason=profile

Then be sure you've target="_blank" on the "a" element.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Astrid
  • Astrid
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #301949 by Astrid
As stated earlier, this occurs also when downloading directly from profile page.
Created tab Downloads and added file field.
[REMOVED]
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by krileon.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301972 by krileon
It's a PDF so it will attempt to open, works perfectly fine in my tests. I'm guessing you don't have acrobat reader installed and can't view PDF files in your browser. In that case it's probably just going to be a white page. Don't think you need acrobat reader installed for Chrome or Firefox though, but can't recall when I didn't have it installed. If you don't want files to attempt to open and to always download then set "Force Download" to "Enable" in your file field.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon