Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Download in cb content module shows blank page

• Astrid
  • Astrid
6 years 8 months ago #301983 by Astrid
Seems to be a problem with Firefox. Changed parameters to force download and all browsers except Firefox are ok. So you can close this.
Thanx!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301995 by krileon
Strange, am using Firefox and your site worked fine for me. Recommend seeing if Firefox has an update then retrying (if on windows press Alt and click Help > About Firefox to force a update check).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Astrid
  • Astrid
6 years 8 months ago #302026 by Astrid
It is strange. This is a test/demo site, but I developped a site with lots of downloads about 6 months ago and have tested it multiple times. By then I had no problems at all. Using FF 58.0.2 on Windows 10, so should be up-to-date. Already tested by disabling all installed add-ons from Firefox, but no difference.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #302036 by krileon
My guess is you don't have Adobe Reader installed so are unable to directly view PDF files, but that shouldn't matter for direct download since that always forces a download.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Astrid
  • Astrid
6 years 8 months ago #302042 by Astrid
Exactly. I have Adobe Acrobat and it is set in Firefox as default program to open PDF. And it works. But site still opens an extra blank screen (tab). Same as with direct download.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon