Skip to Content Skip to Menu

One field, multiple values added by user

• sysopcrew
  • sysopcrew
6 years 8 months ago #301922 by sysopcrew
One field, multiple values added by user was created by sysopcrew
Is there a field type that allows a user to enter a value, and it builds a list of those values... and they can delete values. It'd be like a Dropdown field, or even Query Dropdown, but how would that tie in with a user-built list?

Or would this be two fields working together: use a text field for entry, Auto Actions to take that entry and populate a second Query Dropdown?

Use case: a user wants to add a list of airports they've visited. Rather than just a text area that they list them one line at a time, I'd prefer to enter them as data items so they would be listed as a bullet list. A selected line item could also be removed.

The data entered is actually the airport code (an international standard code from ICAO), so there may be a Query Validation at some point, or they enter a code ("KMSP"), and it pulls the value ("Minneapolis/St. Paul International") from another list. Then, that specific value is added to their list of visited airports.

This would also be used to search users who have visited a specific airport. And may eventually link up with a GroupJive with the same code.

--
David Riviera

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301950 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic One field, multiple values added by user

Is there a field type that allows a user to enter a value, and it builds a list of those values... and they can delete values. It'd be like a Dropdown field, or even Query Dropdown, but how would that tie in with a user-built list?

Nope. Sounds like a Tag fieldtype though, which is planned in a later release and will likely be an extension of the existing select fieldtypes. Added a feature ticket for this so we don't forget about it.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7027

Or would this be two fields working together: use a text field for entry, Auto Actions to take that entry and populate a second Query Dropdown?

I suppose that's possible. You could move the value of the text field to a separate database table using CB Auto Actions and its Query action then query for those options using CB Query Field. Not sure how you'd go about removing entries though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sysopcrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon