Skip to Content Skip to Menu

language overrides and field descriptions info icon

6 years 8 months ago #301931 by richbrundage
Having trouble with the info icon on Registration and Profile edit when using language overrides. I see the language override for the field info correctly when I set the field icon display to show info text but when I set it to show the info icon, hovering on the icon just shows the field title with a blank line for the field description. There are no extra delimiters such as <p> in the field description, just the override label. I am using overrides in other places so I think I understand how they work, but this doesn't seem to function correctly.

Thanks for your assistance.

Richard Brundage

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #301937 by richbrundage
Replied by richbrundage on topic language overrides and field descriptions info icon
This is working on one of my sites, a demonstration site, but not the other, the live site. On the demo site inspecting the tooltip element give

<span class="cbTooltip" data-cbtooltip-tooltip="Check the box if you do not want to receive news from IFA via mass email. &nbsp;You will still receive email regarding your account." data-cbtooltip-title="Opt Out of IFA Emails" data-hasqtip="35">

on the live site the element is

<span class="cbTooltip" data-cbtooltip-tooltip="" data-cbtooltip-title="Opt Out of IFA Emails" data-hasqtip="10">

On both sites if the field icon display is set to show info text the text is displayed, so the language override text substitution is loaded for the text display on both and on the tooltip display on the demo site, but not the tooltip display on the live site.

Richard Brundage

6 years 8 months ago #301952 by richbrundage
Replied by richbrundage on topic language overrides and field descriptions info icon
I have it working on the live site now. I had been updating the language override.php file with an external editor and when I checked it through the CB language plugin management I found that the substitution text for the override keys was empty. Odd, as I had created several other override keys and their text was accepted just fine. Must have been putting something in the override text it wouldn't accept, but not clear what that was. In any event, it is working for me now, even though I am not sure what has changed.

Richard Brundage

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301962 by krileon
You'd need to provide the language key and language override that you're attempting to use for me to duplicate and confirm, but seams odd worked fine on your demo site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon