Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Logout issues

• LineMine
  • LineMine
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #303434 by LineMine
Replied by LineMine on topic Logout issues
Hi
I'm just setting up a new site and encountered this logout by Admin issue again. I tracked it down to the checkbox in the CB login module, which deals with "Remember me". I had it selected to "Hide checked" and this was preventing Admin from logging any users out, plus they were not logged out by session expire either. I checked the other install I had problems with and changing this setting solved the problem, so it was confirmed on two Joomla installations. I'm not sure if this is expected behaviour, or whether it was down to a particular combination of extensions/settings, or if it is a bug, but it is certainly worth flagging up as other Admins could go through the same stuff I did, and it wasn't great.
Thanks
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by LineMine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #303439 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Logout issues
That parameter just toggles the show/hide of the remember me checkbox. CB has nothing to do with the actual remember me usage (we simply pass true/false to Joomlas login API). Joomla handles remember me entirely. Most likely you're trying to log them out and remember me is either not allowing it or logging them back in immediately. Again, CB has nothing to do with session management; that's entirely handled by Joomla. I'm guessing Joomlas login module will do the same exact thing if a user is selected remember me.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• LineMine
  • LineMine
6 years 6 months ago #303469 by LineMine
Replied by LineMine on topic Logout issues
Tried it and you're spot on, the same thing happens with the Joomla login as well. Only difference is you don't get the option to hide the checkbox, as far as I can see.
I can't believe I'm the only person to get caught like this. I did a search and can't find any reference anywhere though. Maybe this forum thread will help someone avoid this in the future. I spent quite a few hours trying to track this down, and it really doesn't seem like a sensible setup to me.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #303480 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Logout issues
I'm guessing remember me is just working as expected. The user, in theory, shouldn't be logged out due to remember me refreshing their session. It should only log them out of their cookie is expired or deleted (when they logout). Backend should log them out only if they are not on the site at the time, but I'm guessing when they come back it'll generate their session again since backend logout can't delete their cookie on their computer and log them in. So it may all just be working as expected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon