Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Bug on field with cb conditional

• chanteur94
  • chanteur94
6 years 8 months ago #302110 by chanteur94
Bug on field with cb conditional was created by chanteur94
Hi

I create a simple field SIMPLE_FIELD with CB. Then I put a conditional show only for superusers or moderator for this field.
(i would like to have a field for a user reserved only for superusers or moderator)

When the user modify his profile, CB update the SIMPLE_FIELD to blank.

Can you confirm that ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #302126 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Bug on field with cb conditional
Can the user who is updating their field see the field? If not it will get reset to empty if they don't meet the condition. You can turn off value resetting globally within CB Conditional > Parameters, but currently it can't be adjusted on a per field basis yet.

(i would like to have a field for a user reserved only for superusers or moderator)

If you want a field to be editable by moderators only, even if editing another users profile, you should use CB Privacy for that instead since it conditions off the viewing user and not displayed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon