Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to modify User Id for Module Provisioning

• MMDoege
  • MMDoege
6 years 7 months ago #302508 by MMDoege
We have a number of CB Content Modules that will be unpublished or published due to user's bookings/subscriptions ("module provisioning").
Therefore user_id has to be dynamic. Module may booking by different users when one has unsubscribed or periode has ended.
How can we keep the user_id as a variable in this specific case with:

- Auto Action (when user has booked -> set module to "publish" and set user_id to id of user who has booked a specific service or subscription);
- CBSubs (we havent subscribed to it yet - so don't how it would be able to assist here);

See screenshot attached of sample CB Content module with static user id.
Pls. let me have a direction how to resolve this.

Thank you in advance.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 7 months ago #302522 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to modify User Id for Module Provisioning
You're needing to modify the contents of your module based off an auto action? I'm not sure what the best approach is for that. I guess you could use a Query action and modify the module database row in _modules table. CBSubs won't handle this at all. That's for accepting payments as a website. It isn't for accepting payments for individual users (you can't pay another user).

There's probably a Joomla extension already available for selling ad space, which is what it sounds like you're trying to do. Even using Joomlas built in banners component may work better.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon