Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] GroupJive Wall Email notifications settings

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 7 months ago #302847 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive Wall Email notifications settings

1. copy de System Action "CB Activity - Post Notification"

No, copy "CB Groupjive - Stream Notification".

2.1. in Global Tab > change in "Type" : 'CB Activity' and replace it with "Type" : 'Email'

Correct.

2. 2. in Action Tab > in the box "To" (of the 'send customized emails') => write '[action_user]'

Correct.

2.3. fill-in (if needed) the text area "From address" and "From name"

Correct.

And do not touch anything else

No, you will need to supply a subject and body for the email as well. Be sure you also unpublish the system action "CB Groupjive - Stream Notification" if was published.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cbertrand

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cbertrand
  • cbertrand
6 years 7 months ago #302859 by cbertrand
Replied by cbertrand on topic GroupJive Wall Email notifications settings
Ok this works good :) , but

1/ Is it obligatory to unpublish the system action "CB Groupjive - Stream Notification" (because as a result there is no more "on-site notification"). In other words, is it one or the other (or could we have both ?) ?

2/ In either the subject or in the body of the email, is there a way to have links to the user that posted and/or to the group ?
In other words, to have something that looks like for the GJ Wall notification ==> [user] posted a message in [group] ?
Because when I just insert the "[user]" or the "[group]" in the body of the template email, the final email delivered shows it in plain text ("[user]", "[group]" and there is no Name of the user shown nor link to the group) !

Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 7 months ago #302906 by krileon

1/ Is it obligatory to unpublish the system action "CB Groupjive - Stream Notification" (because as a result there is no more "on-site notification"). In other words, is it one or the other (or could we have both ?) ?

You don't have to unpublish it if you want both notifications.

2/ In either the subject or in the body of the email, is there a way to have links to the user that posted and/or to the group ?
In other words, to have something that looks like for the GJ Wall notification ==> [user] posted a message in [group] ?
Because when I just insert the "[user]" or the "[group]" in the body of the template email, the final email delivered shows it in plain text ("[user]", "[group]" and there is no Name of the user shown nor link to the group) !

You have access to the group object via [var2]. So [var2_id] would be the group id. You can use that to manually construct a URL to the group. As for the user substitution you might be able to just use [cb:userfield field="formatname" /].

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• cbertrand
  • cbertrand
6 years 7 months ago #302911 by cbertrand
Thanks

Also, with GJ Wall (normal) notification by email ==> could it possible to include in the email that notifies the new Wall post also the body of the message ?

For exemple, the email says ==> [user] posted a message in [group]
Could we have == > [user] posted a message in [group] that says : [the_text_of_the_message_posted_on_the_GJWall] ?

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 7 months ago #302923 by krileon

Also, with GJ Wall (normal) notification by email ==> could it possible to include in the email that notifies the new Wall post also the body of the message ?

If you mean the actual notification sent by GJ then yes you can use [wall_post].

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

• cbertrand
  • cbertrand
6 years 7 months ago #302938 by cbertrand
ok thanks,

Works great :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon