Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Antispam Error 500 - No more access to Administration !

• cbertrand
  • cbertrand
6 years 7 months ago #302873 by cbertrand
Hi
I just installed CB Antispam.
I have enabled the CB antispam .
Also, I went into Joomla>Extensions>Plug-ins and I published the "Captcha - CB AntiSpam" plug-in too.
Obviously, this was a mistake.
Since then I can not access anymore to any links of the Joomla Administration (Configuration, Menu, Module, plug-ins, ..... everything).
All I can access is the home page of the administration and also the CB menus.
Please help : how can I unpublish the "Captcha - CB AntiSpam" plug-in without having access to it ?
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cbertrand
  • cbertrand
6 years 7 months ago #302884 by cbertrand
I managed to unpublish the plugin with this second method : www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/disable-a-joomla-plugin/

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 7 months ago #302913 by krileon
Don't see how publishing the Joomla plugin blocks access to backend menu structures as it's just a Joomla captcha plugin. I'm not able to confirm your issue here. Do you have the actual 500 error it was throwing? if not is it in your server error logs? Was CB AntiSpam within CB > Plugin Management unpublished at the time?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• cbertrand
  • cbertrand
6 years 7 months ago #302916 by cbertrand
CB AntiSpam within CB > Plugin Management was published at the same time.
I don't know what happened but obviously it came from that as unpublishing the Joomla>Extensions>Plug-ins>Captcha - CB AntiSpam solved it.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 7 months ago #302922 by krileon
What Captcha mode did you set CB AntiSpam to? If you set it to Joomla then within Joomla global configuration you set Default Captcha to CB AntiSpam that'd create an infinite loop. I still can't see how that'd cause any issues with backend as it's simply not loaded there. Not sure what to suggest as am unable to confirm. Ensure CB, CB AntiSpam, and Joomla are all up to date I suppose. You don't need the Joomla plugin for CB AntiSpam though unless you want to use CB AntiSpam captcha on Joomla forms or 3rd party extensions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cbertrand

Moderators: beatnantkrileon