Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Auto Actions: CB Activity needs a PRIVACY setting

• timstohr
  • timstohr
6 years 7 months ago #302881 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I have found something missing in CB Auto Actions. When I want to create an activity using CB Auto Actions, I cannot set the privacy of that field. Here is the example I have.
User A joins an event from a third party component. The event is logged via CB Auto Actions into the CB Activity stream.
ONLY the connections to user A should see that user A has joined event XYZ.

As it is now, I cannot set PRIVACY in CB Activity of CB Auto actions meaning that everyone would be able to see that user A joined event XYZ (which would bring me into regulatory problems as it is an invasion of privacy and would result in a breach of GDPR (General DataProtection regulation))

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 7 months ago #302912 by krileon
Privacy is independent from CB Activity. CB Activity has no idea privacy even exists. You need to use a CB Privacy action and generate a privacy rule. You can also just enable CB Privacy for the Activity tab and set its default privacy rule to Connections and it'll protect all profile activity entries if you've the necessary system actions enabled to enable privacy in CB Activity.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
6 years 7 months ago #302915 by timstohr
OK I am getting a bit the jist of it.
Just tell me if that would work... I have users in user group ADVERTISERS who should have every picture they upload posted eg on the mainforum but these should be set to visible only via privacy.
I can now set up the rule that all assets with mainforum.picturebyadvertisers should be visible on to Connections.

I now make another auto action that is valid only for ADVERTISERS that any picture uploaded should create an activity with the asset: mainforum.picturebyadvertisers

Since the mainforum is a module that is basically a filter, I simply add the asset mainforum.picturebyadvertisers to it and voila. I will have on the mainforum posts by advertisers that are only visible to connections...

(very roundabout way to do things, but it has the advantage that you can create an asset mainforum.onlyvisibletoconnections and then push any posts you want to that asset...)

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 7 months ago #302924 by krileon
Basically you have to generate and Activity entry and Privacy entry. Simple way to do this is make a copy of your auto action that's generating the activity and change its type to CB Privacy. Copy over the same Asset and Owner as your Activity auto action and should more or less work as long as the privacy system actions are enabled for CB Activity.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
6 years 7 months ago #303167 by timstohr
Hi,
I am experimenting with it now.

So you said I have to enable a system privacy rule. I am guessing that is CB Activity - Privacy - Save?

Also, just to further my understanding, when I create an auto action for CB Activity and then its "sister" Auto Action for the privacy rule, then the CB Auto action creates an activity and afterwards the privacy AA changes the Activity to being with a privacy rule (eg: Only connections). Is that not a bit complicated?

Wouldnt it be easier to allow Privacy to create an asset to which you "post" activity entries and all of the activity entries with said asset have the same privacy rule (eg: only connections of owner or "private")

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 7 months ago #303176 by krileon
For CB Activity privacy controls publish the following system actions.

CB Activity - Privacy - New
CB Activity - Privacy - Edit
CB Activity - Privacy - Save
CB Activity - Privacy - Authorized

If you want to change the default privacy for those system actions to Connections you'll need to make a copy of those system actions and change the default in the their privacy action parameters.

Also, just to further my understanding, when I create an auto action for CB Activity and then its "sister" Auto Action for the privacy rule, then the CB Auto action creates an activity and afterwards the privacy AA changes the Activity to being with a privacy rule (eg: Only connections). Is that not a bit complicated?

Publish the above system actions then create a privacy rule when you create your activity. So 2 auto actions acting on the same trigger, conditions, etc.. That's all you'd need to do.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon