Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Auto Actions: CB Activity needs a PRIVACY setting

• timstohr
  • timstohr
6 years 6 months ago #303694 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I have a problem... I have set up the privacy and the auto action exactly as you said. I have enabled the privacy option on system actions. Privacy is produced correctly and activity is produced correctly. The asset is set to onlyconnected.mainforum.

The activity stoically remains set to PUBLIC unless I change it manually (then the asset is set activity.XYZ and it works).

Any idea how I can make it work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #303703 by krileon
You need to duplicate all of those CB Activity privacy system actions and set their defaults. Have you done that already and it's still not working?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
6 years 6 months ago #303705 by timstohr
Hi I have no idea what you are talking about... I need the privacy to be set to CONNECTIONS only for the activity items with the asset onlyconnected.mainforum.
All other ones should be PUBLIC as it is set now.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #303706 by krileon

Hi I have no idea what you are talking about... I need the privacy to be set to CONNECTIONS only for the activity items with the asset onlyconnected.mainforum.

You need to make copies of the below system actions.

CB Activity - Privacy - New
CB Activity - Privacy - Edit
CB Activity - Privacy - Save
CB Activity - Privacy - Authorized

You then need to change the default privacy rule to Connections. This will set the default privacy for all activity to connections. It won't change existing activity entries with privacy rules already saved, but should change it for any new activity or activity without a privacy rule.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
6 years 6 months ago #303707 by timstohr
Hi yeah but I only want the ones that are created via my auto action upon a certain trigger to have this... Not every activity that is produced eg if someone posts on the mainforum (I want it public), if someone posts in the events (public), if someone posts in the GJ groups (public). Only the activity that is created via a custom auto action, I want to set it to CONNECTIONS:

Am I missing something?

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #303722 by krileon
The asset for activity privacy is "activity.ACTIVITY_ID" so you need the id of the activity entry you're creating. Without it you can't generate a privacy rule for it. When CB Auto Actions creates activity it runs the ->store() function, which fires the activity_onAfterCreateActivity trigger for newly created activity. So you'd need to act on the activity_onAfterCreateActivity trigger then conditioning it however necessary. Example as follows.

Global
Triggers: activity_onAfterCreateActivity
Type: CB Privacy
User: Self
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var1_asset] Equal To mainforum.picturebyadvertisers
Action
Mode: Rules
Method: Create
Asset: activity.[var1_id]
Rules: Connections
Owner: [var1_user_id]

Believe that should give you what you're wanting based off the asset you're using for the activity in your previous posts.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon