Skip to Content Skip to Menu

errors after upgrade of CBuilder

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #303235 by matthewdavey
errors after upgrade of CBuilder was created by matthewdavey
When I click the user profile button on my website it used to take me to CBuilder profile page but now when I click the button I get

1267 - Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' SQL=SELECT COUNT( a.`id` ) FROM `#__comprofiler_plugin_activity_notifications` AS a LEFT JOIN `#__comprofiler` AS cb ON cb.`id` = a.`user_id` LEFT JOIN `#__users` AS j ON j.`id` = cb.`id` LEFT JOIN `#__comprofiler_plugin_activity_hidden` AS b ON b.`user_id` = 728 AND b.`type` = 'notification' AND b.`item` = a.`id` INNER JOIN `#__comprofiler_plugin_activity_read` AS c ON c.`user_id` = 728 AND c.`asset` = 'notification.728' AND c.`date` < a.`date` WHERE cb.`approved` = 1 AND cb.`confirmed` = 1 AND j.`block` = 0 AND ( a.`user` = 728 OR a.`global` = 1 ) AND b.`id` IS NULL AND ( ( a.`asset` LIKE 'gallery.%' AND ( SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `#__comprofiler_plugin_gallery_items` AS gallery_item LEFT JOIN `#__comprofiler_plugin_gallery_folders` AS gallery_folder ON gallery_item.`folder` = gallery_folder.`id` WHERE gallery_item.`type` = SUBSTRING_INDEX( REPLACE( a.`asset`, 'gallery.', '' ), '.', 1 ) AND gallery_item.`id` = SUBSTRING_INDEX( REPLACE( REPLACE( REPLACE( REPLACE( a.`asset`, 'gallery.music.', '' ), 'gallery.videos.', '' ), 'gallery.photos.', '' ), 'gallery.files.', '' ), '.', 1 ) AND ( gallery_item.`folder` = 0 OR gallery_folder.`id` IS NOT NULL ) ) > 0 ) OR ( a.`asset` NOT LIKE 'gallery.%' ) ) AND ( ( a.`asset` LIKE 'groupjive.group.%' AND ( SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `#__groupjive_groups` AS gj_g LEFT JOIN `#__groupjive_categories` AS gj_c ON gj_c.`id` = gj_g.`category` LEFT JOIN `#__groupjive_users` AS gj_u ON gj_u.`user_id` = 728 AND gj_u.`group` = gj_g.`id` LEFT JOIN `#__groupjive_invites` AS gj_i ON gj_i.`group` = gj_g.`id` AND gj_i.`accepted` = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' AND ( ( gj_i.`email` =

It used to go to the users profile
Thanks
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by matthewdavey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 7 months ago #303244 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic errors after upgrade of CBuilder
You've 2 different collations in your database. Edit your database within phpmyadmin and ensure all tables have their collations matching. Recommended collation for strongest UTF8 accuracy is utf8mb4_unicode_ci.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #303245 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic errors after upgrade of CBuilder
Thanks
Is there a way to change the whole site to
utf8mb4_unicode_ci.
In cpanel quickly?
or do I have to click on every table and check it?
Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 7 months ago #303251 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic errors after upgrade of CBuilder
You have to do it from phpmyadmin manually. Navigate to your database then click Operations and you should see a Collation box to change it for the database. If it doesn't change the tables as well you'll need to do the same to each table manually. The first step fixes the default collation though so this can't happen again (please note this has nothing to do with CB, your database was just never maintained through Joomla versions as default collations changed). There's several ways to let MYSQL do this for you as well; see the below link.

stackoverflow.com/questions/10859966/how-to-convert-all-tables-in-database-to-one-collation

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon