Skip to Content Skip to Menu

My module user profile which load menu item CB profile display a link

6 years 6 months ago #303409 by girlfridayz
My module user profile which load cb profile dis play a link to the profile admin when you click on the link you see your admin profile in a new page. instead of seeing it in the page selected directly.

Second issue your profile activity wall is not automatically displayed under the canvas but accessible via nested tab drop down list which include your profile wall where you can only post nor reply or comment action or like nothing.

Please help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #303423 by krileon
As a professional subscriber you can post in our priority support forums and have moved your topic for you.

My module user profile which load cb profile dis play a link to the profile admin when you click on the link you see your admin profile in a new page. instead of seeing it in the page selected directly.

CB has no control over how your template displays modules.

Second issue your profile activity wall is not automatically displayed under the canvas but accessible via nested tab drop down list which include your profile wall where you can only post nor reply or comment action or like nothing.

Edit the activity tab in CB > Tab Management and change its display from Nested Tab Menu to Tab Menu if you don't want it nested. By default your need to be connected to the user you're viewing to interact with their wall (this is the same behavior you can find on social sites) and you can disable this within CB Activity > Parameters > Activity > Comments > Create. Likes are not limited to connections only.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #303559 by girlfridayz
In CB activity board it render this above for upload of MP4 video and music, podcast (MP3) file how can I increased the size as it is a social site where primarly people user(voicer) can upload the later and my host offer 200MB space for upload of this type of file.

Second issues who develop recently. When you click on a picture uploaded it is in the post you click on the picture which opened and the activity wall is display position aside right top next to the picture a second later it drop to the bottom still position right - that wasn't happening prior.

Third issues the activity wall as neat and tidy button to access option, however when you want to post the post form is fine but the button are neat and tidy no problem except two form field inserted themselves search and location duplicate. When you post it fix itself, but new post this field appeared. when you edit post and press save the layout look fine no extra search or location form field.

Fourth issues: user profile gallery has a search gallery which does not layout in full and as a drop down menu stating video music photo that fine it is the display box form type which has issues.

fifth issue: I created a new tab which I want to assign to the top canvas of the user profile where edit profile and connection is connection is a drop down menu which say select connection that good because I need this feature but I am unable to customise the title of the tab to call it Wave as my customer request it - connection = Wave I want to change that tab title name but I do not see it.

My new tab which suppose to be Link and supporter which are tab to list user connection but they for usergroup Profile voice and Project Voice
they are not appearing at all. and can I assign to them to select connection for each usergroup profiles - even if we can I have only one profile. It OK because a register user can have access to both user group providing they register to the site. However I need to assign to the new tab to each usergroup group profile which I created system alias for and put viewing access to the relevant usergroup already and people have access to the relevant user profile alias via a picture place on the public magazine. Just the relevant tab on pages to give an illusion that you have your personal profile in this usergroup but you can see what you wrote in the other usergroup and registered user too it just need to be there please.

Sixth issues: in the user profile when you click on activity link it is there for a second the the notification icon appear and replaced activity board you need to reload to get it again that never happened before. Plus I testing the site I put several post but no notification when I click on notification I put notification when user post it not there even if I am the superuser it should be there or I am log in with my user name(voicer) that I created to see if it work thanks.

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #303574 by krileon

In CB activity board it render this above for upload of MP4 video and music, podcast (MP3) file how can I increased the size as it is a social site where primarly people user(voicer) can upload the later and my host offer 200MB space for upload of this type of file.

I've no idea what this has to do with your original topic. Please do not mix multiple issues in 1 topic as it becomes too difficult to follow and help you efficiently. Uploading on CB Activity streams is entirely handled by CB Gallery. You can adjust CB Gallery upload limits within CB Galleries parameters.

Second issues who develop recently. When you click on a picture uploaded it is in the post you click on the picture which opened and the activity wall is display position aside right top next to the picture a second later it drop to the bottom still position right - that wasn't happening prior.

No idea what you mean by this. Please provide a screenshot of the issue. The modal window usage is just a Bootstrap 3 grid. Should display side by side perfectly fine unless you've CSS coming from your Joomla template that's breaking this behavior. It will not be side by side on mobile devices, because there's not enough room so it stacks.

Third issues the activity wall as neat and tidy button to access option, however when you want to post the post form is fine but the button are neat and tidy no problem except two form field inserted themselves search and location duplicate. When you post it fix itself, but new post this field appeared. when you edit post and press save the layout look fine no extra search or location form field.

The Location usage always has 2 fields. 1 is for the place you're at and 1 is for the address. The address will automatically link to a google map. If your site is using HTTPS a button will display to automatically grab their location as well.

Fourth issues: user profile gallery has a search gallery which does not layout in full and as a drop down menu stating video music photo that fine it is the display box form type which has issues.

No idea what you mean by this. The dropdown is for selecting the type of media you want to search for. This defaults to all. I don't see any issues with this.

fifth issue: I created a new tab which I want to assign to the top canvas of the user profile where edit profile and connection is connection is a drop down menu which say select connection that good because I need this feature but I am unable to customise the title of the tab to call it Wave as my customer request it - connection = Wave I want to change that tab title name but I do not see it.

You want to change a tabs title? Edit in CB > Tab Management and change it to whatever you like. Aside from that I've no idea what you mean. If you mean you want to change the title of a menu item you can do so using language overrides usage shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

My new tab which suppose to be Link and supporter which are tab to list user connection but they for usergroup Profile voice and Project Voice
they are not appearing at all. and can I assign to them to select connection for each usergroup profiles - even if we can I have only one profile. It OK because a register user can have access to both user group providing they register to the site. However I need to assign to the new tab to each usergroup group profile which I created system alias for and put viewing access to the relevant usergroup already and people have access to the relevant user profile alias via a picture place on the public magazine. Just the relevant tab on pages to give an illusion that you have your personal profile in this usergroup but you can see what you wrote in the other usergroup and registered user too it just need to be there please.

Sorry, I don't have a clue what you're asking here. Tab access is based off view access level. You can include whatever usergroups you like in a custom view access level and assign that to your tab if you want different usergroups to access a specific tab. See Joomla documentation regarding usergroups and view access levels to better understand how the two interact.

Sixth issues: in the user profile when you click on activity link it is there for a second the the notification icon appear and replaced activity board you need to reload to get it again that never happened before. Plus I testing the site I put several post but no notification when I click on notification I put notification when user post it not there even if I am the superuser it should be there or I am log in with my user name(voicer) that I created to see if it work thanks.

No idea what you're asking here either, sorry. You mean the notification is not refreshing? It never did and it won't in latest releases unless you've set "Auto Update" to "Enable" within CB Activity > Parameters > Notifications > Display or unless you reload the page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #303586 by girlfridayz
I tried to give screenshot but the forum stated too many screenshot that why you can quite grasp what I am saying if I give you the link of the issues on my site would that help you help me as you would see live and direct the issues mentioned. because I have all screenshot but initially it stated too many
I tried again 4 screenshot I get this: Error You have too many links in your message, please decrease them!

Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #303612 by krileon
All of your styling issues are conflicts from your Joomla template or custom CSS you've applied. Switch to default protostar template and there shouldn't be any style problems. You'll need to resolve 3rd party CSS conflicts your self or contact the template developer. You can try resolving them your self by right clicking and inspecting element on anything that doesn't look right compared to our demo site and reviewing the CSS in your browsers developer console.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon