Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] "save-button" does not react

• VPCB
  • VPCB
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #303493 by VPCB
Hi,

When I add a new user and use the "save-button" nothing happens.
No error message for fields that I filled wrong... nothing.
Only button that works is "cancel".

When I update an exsisting user everything works fine.

Can you tell me what I do wrong?

Regards,
Michel
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikerotec
  • mikerotec
6 years 6 months ago #303495 by mikerotec
Replied by mikerotec on topic "save-button" does not react
Just out of curiosity, what web browser are you using?? I have had some odd situations recently where a button is unresponsive in one browser, but works fine in another...

• VPCB
  • VPCB
6 years 6 months ago #303511 by VPCB
Replied by VPCB on topic "save-button" does not react
I tested this issue in Chrome (latest version) and Firefox (latest version).
In all browsers the same problem. No reaction from SAVE and SAVE+CLOSE.
Regards, Michel

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #303522 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic "save-button" does not react
Press F12 to open your browsers developer console, select the Console tab, and refresh the page. Look for any fatal JS errors to be present there (in red) when attempting to save. The JS is likely being broken by a conflict. Alternatively unpublish all Custom HTML fields and any 3rd party plugins adding tabs to profile edit as they could have broken HTML breaking the DOM then retry saving.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• VPCB
  • VPCB
6 years 6 months ago #303718 by VPCB
Replied by VPCB on topic "save-button" does not react
Hi Kyle,

I checked the console and found :

Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid flags supplied to RegExp constructor '(?=.*\d)(?=.*[a-z])(?=.*[A-Z]).{6,}$'

any idea ?

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #303726 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic "save-button" does not react
You supplied a REGEXP either as validation on a field or maybe using CB Conditional that isn't valid REGEX. Review your fields carefully where you've added custom validation and ensure it's valid REGEX. To see if a condition is doing it unpublish CB Conditional and retry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon