Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] getField is returning label and not value from drop down (single select)

• jasonfox7
  • jasonfox7
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #303548 by jasonfox7
---Solved by changing output to csv

This code:

$height = $cbUser->getField( 'cb_user_height_cm', 'null', 'html', 'null', 'profile');

Will result in the drop down label being stored in $height and not the drop down value. I.E. my drop down shows users the options for their height in feet and inches, but I am actually storing the value in centimeters from the values on drop down. What am I doing wrong that the code above returns the label and not the value? I.E. it returns 4'0" instead of the stored 121.92 (see picture)

Thank you.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jasonfox7
  • jasonfox7
6 years 6 months ago #303549 by jasonfox7
Nevermind, solved my own stupidity.

Changed the output type to CSV instead of html and got the inner value. Very nice product, amazing, but what little documentation exists is hard to follow.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #303569 by krileon
If you need the directly stored value don't use getField at all. Just grab it directly from the user object with ->get( 'FIELD_NAME' ). If your code is in a CB Code Field or a Code action in CB Auto Actions you can also substitute it in with [FIELD_NAME] (be sure to surround in quotes as all substitutions should be treated as strings).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jasonfox7
  • jasonfox7
6 years 6 months ago #303592 by jasonfox7
Thank you so much. Such an amazing product you all have created!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon