Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Line breaks within [DETAILS] when using HTML in CB Registration emails

• HCAA
  • HCAA
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #303553 by HCAA
We use HTML emails within Registration so we can have hyperlinks. We've edited the HTML to provide paragraph spacing we want; however, we can't figure out how to get the name, username, and email address to display on separate lines. Those are called with the [DETAILS] code, but we've been unable to find where that is formatted. We would expect to find \n, \r, or \rn for plain text line breaks that we could substitute with <br />; however, we just can't find what file or Trigger or database table/column [DETAILS] is located in.

Or is there some easy way (Auto Actions? Overrides?) that could achieve what we want.

Thanks.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #303573 by krileon
You can use substitutions within the registration emails. See the below tutorial regarding substitution usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• HCAA
  • HCAA
6 years 6 months ago #303607 by HCAA
Thanks for the information; however, I had seen that tutorial and could not figure out how to make use of it when using the pre-formatted "field" of [DETAILS]. So, what I've done is not use [DETAILS] at all but to use each of the fields I wanted displayed and programmed them separately, as follows:

Name: [name]<br />
Username: [username]<br />
Email:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #303615 by krileon
Details basically just adds email, username, etc.. substitutions to the email as a bundle so adding those your self will work perfectly fine. As for the preview I don't know why but Kunena goes wonky when you add
Code:
[email]
to your post as I think it's trying to parse it as a BBCode tag. Works fine when placed with a code tag though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon