Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Upgraded from CB 1.9.1 - Registration Issues Now

• cbasista
  • cbasista
6 years 6 months ago #303595 by cbasista
We upgraded CB today from 1.9.1. Our registration form consists of: email, country (select dropdown), and password/verify password.

When submitting the registration form, CB returns: "Username '' is already taken."

We had to temporary publish the "username" field to show on the registration form in order for it to work. With CB 1.9, we simply had it setup to use the email address as the username.

Our CB AutoAction is also not working where we set a SQL query to UPDATE the __users table username with the email. This AutoAction simply does not do that anymore. (Also was working on 1.9)

What can I check to have the same behavior in 2.1.4? It seems like during the migration, some setting was lost, but I am not able to locate what's going on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cbasista
  • cbasista
6 years 6 months ago #303596 by cbasista
Just an update, the username=email is working. Issue remains on how we can not have the username field at registration without error.

• cbasista
  • cbasista
6 years 6 months ago #303597 by cbasista
Probably not the "best" fix, but I edited line 1004 of comprofiler.php to get POST email instead of username. Problem gone, and the user registration works properly with username field omitted.

If someone has a better fix, please let me know, but this will get me through for now :)

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #303617 by krileon
Within CB > Configuration > User Profile set "Username Fallback" to "Email", it defaults to "Name". If the username field is missing it will then map email to username.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon