Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] cannot get check-box checked by default

6 years 5 months ago #304172 by jeroen aalders
Replied by jeroen aalders on topic cannot get check-box checked by default
I have tested it over and over with a new user, but it only works on the single checkbox field but not on the multiple with just one value. I have checked all the settings again and again but it doesn't work... What is the next step? do I give you access to the front-end so you can see for yourself?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 5 months ago #304181 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic cannot get check-box checked by default
Don't know what more to suggest. Works fine in my tests as shown below.

Settings:

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

6 years 5 months ago #304203 by jeroen aalders
when you say 'value 1' at the left red arrow pointer field, you mean '1' or 'value1'? maybe that is wrong and you have a 'default registration value' field at the right red arrow pointer, but this is when the field is on registration, right?
If it is not on registration - as is the case, the field 'show on registration' it should be set to ' No' ?
could it be that I tested it with an account that I delete and register with again, that is doesn't work? If so how do I delete that username entirely to make it work for new users and test is...

Furthermore, I could give you access to the front-end and back-end, so you can test with a register and see if it works for you and if you see any thing wrong in the settings?

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 5 months ago #304205 by krileon
The value of my option is "Value 1" so that's what I'd set for the default. If your value is exactly "1" you'd set the default to exactly "1". This default strictly only applies to new registrations. It does not apply to profile edit. You do not even need to register a user to test this as you should see the default on your registration page already selected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #304207 by jeroen aalders
Sorry for saying this, but I think we are running around in circles... ;-)
One more time: I just would like to have a multiple checkbox field with only one value on the profile edit that gets checked by default after a new user registers. What value do I fill in in the field management when using the auto action trigger, we discussed earlier (see our comment history above) to make this work?

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 5 months ago #304218 by krileon

What value do I fill in in the field management when using the auto action trigger, we discussed earlier (see our comment history above) to make this work?

I already told you exactly what you need to use below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/238926-cannot-get-check-box-checked-by-default?start=6#304149

I can't tell you what value you set in your own field that you need to set in CB Auto Actions. All I can do is provide an example. I've no clue what you've configured in your own field. See my screenshot in my below reply.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/238926-cannot-get-check-box-checked-by-default?start=12#304181

The value for your option is what you need to set in your auto action as configured below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/238926-cannot-get-check-box-checked-by-default?start=6#304149

This will force a users field to be set to the specified value after they register. It's not going to do anything for existing users. This assumes the field is not displayed on registration. If it is then just use the "Default Registration Value" parameter as shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/238926-cannot-get-check-box-checked-by-default?start=12#304181

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon