Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Making all members see everyone´s posts

• tilatam
  • tilatam
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #303973 by tilatam
Hello

I am implementing CB on a Joomla site where we need to everyone be "friends" by default i dont have the conections enabled on the system since i need everybody to be able to see and post to anyone in the community.
How can i achieve this?
I have done some tests with a regular user and if he posts something on his wall other users are unable to see it on the timeline of the homepage.
Please let me know if i am missing something this is the first time i am using CB so please be patient :)

Regards
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #303988 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Making all members see everyone´s posts
Disabled the connected create access check within CB Activity > Activity > Create and CB Activity > Activity > Comments > Create. Users should then be able to post to and comment on everyone's stream regardless of connected access. Both parameters should be ignored if "Enable Connections" is set to "No" within CB > Configuration > Connections.

Regarding seeing posts on the home page. Are you using the Recent Activity menu endpoint for CB Activity as your home page or are you trying to display it as a module? If as the menu endpoint be sure that your menutype is set to Community Builder > Plugins and for Plugin you've selected CB Activity followed by setting Mode to Recent Activity. If as a module be sure the CB Activity module Mode parameter is set to Activity and leave Activity > Asset parameter empty or set it to "all".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tilatam

• tilatam
  • tilatam
6 years 6 months ago #304036 by tilatam
Replied by tilatam on topic Making all members see everyone´s posts
Thanks that did it. Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon