Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] New to GroupJive - Invite Questions

• nphic
  • nphic
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #303985 by nphic
Folks,

I'm starting to configure a GroupJive within my website. I have it installed and configured properly, at least I think I do! :) Right now, I am just working on inviting members to the group. I invite a member to the group and they receive an email notification that they have been invited to join the group. However, there is no button/link to accept the invitation. It does have a link to the group but only directs you to the group page. Below is the message that is sent:

You have been invited to join the group Certified Communicators in Public Health (CCPH) by Joe xxxxx! Clara, Please forward this email to me. Thanks, Joe NOTE: This email was automatically generated from National Public Health Information Coalition (NPHIC) ( www.nphic.org ).

A couple of questions:
1. How does one accept the invitation?
2. The invitation is listed on the frontend group page, but when looking at GroupJive users in the backend the pending invitation is not displayed.
3. If I invite someone that is not a member, the system says the invitation was successfully sent. Yet, no invitation is sent. Is there a way to provide a screen notification that you cannot invite a non-member?

I've going though the videos tutorials and the manual, but I can't figure these issues out. Can you help me?

Thanks,
Joe
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #303990 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic New to GroupJive - Invite Questions

1. How does one accept the invitation?

Navigate to the group and click the accept invite button. They can also accept from their profile group tab. From the all groups page and the invited groups page.

2. The invitation is listed on the frontend group page, but when looking at GroupJive users in the backend the pending invitation is not displayed.

They don't exist in the group so they won't be in GJ > Users in backend. You can see the invite in GJ > Invites in backend.

3. If I invite someone that is not a member, the system says the invitation was successfully sent. Yet, no invitation is sent. Is there a way to provide a screen notification that you cannot invite a non-member?

Users that don't belong to the site can be invited using their email address. Ensure you've supplied a valid email address for the recipient. If you don't want to allow inviting of non-members simply unselect "Email Address" for "Invite By" in GJ > Configuration > Groups > Invites.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• nphic
  • nphic
6 years 6 months ago #303992 by nphic
Replied by nphic on topic New to GroupJive - Invite Questions
Kyle,

Thanks! Guidance worked great! Hey. Is there a way to modify the invite that is sent to folks?

Thanks,
Joe

• nphic
  • nphic
6 years 6 months ago #303993 by nphic
Replied by nphic on topic New to GroupJive - Invite Questions
Kyle,

Nevermind. I can change it in the language.php file.

Thanks,
Joe
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon