Skip to Content Skip to Menu

• nphic
  • nphic
6 years 6 months ago #304034 by nphic
Avatar Access Denied Error was created by nphic
Folks,

I am logged into my user account on my website and editing my profile. I go into Edit Your Profile and select the Portrait tab. I select Upload new image and select the filename I want to upload. File size I am uploading is 38KB. Next I click on Update. Avatar changes but I get a red bar with the error message, "Error Access Denied". I attached an image of the update profile screen. Please let me know if you have any thoughts on how I can resolve this issue. The avatar field has Profile and Edit as enabled. The Required, Registration, and Searchable are disabled.

Thanks,
Joe
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #304042 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Avatar Access Denied Error
Ok, so your profile is updating fine. I'm suspecting 3rd party Joomla user plugin acting on Joomla user store behavior in this case. Within Extensions > Plugins folder it to "user" type then unpublish all user plugins except "User - Joomla!" then retry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• nphic
  • nphic
6 years 6 months ago #304047 by nphic
Replied by nphic on topic Avatar Access Denied Error
Thanks! Unpublished all user plugins except for the Joomla plugin. Same issue. Changes the avatar, but does not save it. Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
Joe

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #304049 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Avatar Access Denied Error
CB doesn't have a "Access Denied" error response (this is typically seen when Joomla blocks access to something). Try disabling 3rd party CB plugins 1 by 1 within CB > Plugin Management to see if issue resolves. Beyond that my guess is maybe a menu item access issue when attempting to submit the form and you'll need to check your Joomla menu items to CB and ensure they're set to Public then retry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon