Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Locationfield

• alex01at
  • alex01at
6 years 5 months ago #304139 by alex01at
Locationfield was created by alex01at
Hello to all

I want to put a field with the location of the user into registration/profile,...
How is this possile?
Or i need an other plugin/module for this "simple" field?

greet
alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 5 months ago #304151 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Locationfield
Not sure what you're asking. What location are you trying to collect? Their geolocation like latitude and longitude so you can map it? or just their general address? If address you'd just create the respective fields (e.g. address, country, state, and zip) using text fields normally. If you're wanting geolocation data we don't have such a fieldtype or a plugin to provide it; you'd need to check Joomla extension directory for something like that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• alex01at
  • alex01at
6 years 5 months ago #304159 by alex01at
Replied by alex01at on topic Locationfield
Thank you for answer...

So if i undertand it correct, than is'nt possible out of box to buil for example a "single portal" with CB?
Because there want most find by location there perfect match ;-)

(sorry for my bad english,... )

greet
alex

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 5 months ago #304163 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Locationfield
Profiles out of the box are generic and only contain the mandatory information to function. What fields you have is entirely up to you. If you want address fields and you want them searchable then you'll need to create those fields within CB > Field Management, set them searchable, and have a userlist that will allow users to search them. There is no geolocation functionality build into CB and there is no radius searching so you can't search for users who are within 10 miles of you or anything of the sort. You would only be able to do more specific searches on your address fields. There's probably some Google Map extensions available for Joomla that you could use for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon