Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to create menu where user can see all data associated to him

• timstohr
  • timstohr
6 years 5 months ago #304800 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
How can I create a menu (or a module inside a menu) where the user can see all the data associated to himself?

Also, for GDPR Reasons, I need to stop the Profile activity from being visible to everyone but need to make it private (or take it completely away) WITHOUT making all the activity on the whole site private?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 5 months ago #304813 by krileon
Suggest reading my blog below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18788-gdpr-compliance-with-community-builder

How can I create a menu (or a module inside a menu) where the user can see all the data associated to himself?

Profile Edit is sufficient for this requirement. Do not confuse Personal Identifiable Data with just Data in general.

Also, for GDPR Reasons, I need to stop the Profile activity from being visible to everyone but need to make it private (or take it completely away) WITHOUT making all the activity on the whole site private?

No, you absolutely do not. You're misunderstanding what the privacy by design means for GDPR. Privacy by Design is actually pertaining to Data Security. It literally means nothing more than "data protection through technology design". In short sites that were storing plain text passwords and other very personal data with no encrypt are in violation of this. Activity stream posts are also not considered PII (personally identifiable information).

With that said add privacy controls to the activity tab then set its default privacy to Connections or Private if that's absolutely what you want. You can also enable privacy controls and simply leave it as public. You can also simply disclose that all activity posts are public as part of your privacy policy. You can also simply do nothing, because hiding activity posts has nothing to do with any of the regulations. All 4 are acceptable for GDPR.

Do not let this be a scare of "lock everything behind private!" that is absolutely not what this is about nor the intention of GDPR. Please read the regulations carefully, link below, and contact a lawyer if you are in doubt.

gdpr-info.eu/key-issues/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
6 years 5 months ago #304814 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I agree with you that not all streams need to be private etc...

Sorry for the confusion, here is what it should have said: "While working on making my site GDPR-protected, I have come across some stuff that I would like to do/ improve
_Nearly all relevant data that the user generates (or at least the link to it if he creates something on a third party marketplace) gets stored as activity. I would like to give the user an easy way to correct any of the data/find out if his account was fraudulently used. For that reason, I would like to put the activity that he currently sees under his profile on a separate menu or on a module in a separate menu (basically as an "activity log"). How can I do that?
_The second question, I have just been able to solve myself... simply turn the TAB "activity" to private with cb privacy.

Is it possible to display whole tabs with a plugin inside an article or module?
"
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 5 months ago #304816 by krileon

_Nearly all relevant data that the user generates (or at least the link to it if he creates something on a third party marketplace) gets stored as activity. I would like to give the user an easy way to correct any of the data/find out if his account was fraudulently used. For that reason, I would like to put the activity that he currently sees under his profile on a separate menu or on a module in a separate menu (basically as an "activity log"). How can I do that?

Create a Joomla menu item within Community Builder > Plugin menutype. Next for Plugin select CB Activity. You can then display a menu item that displays the users activity. You will need to adjust the Asset parameter under the Activity tab for this to display more specific activity.

Is it possible to display whole tabs with a plugin inside an article or module?

Yup, you can use CB Content Bot and tab substitutions shown in our below substitution tutorial for this. As for modules you'd use those same substitutions in a CB Content Module.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
6 years 5 months ago #304819 by timstohr
Ah yeah... Stupid me :)

I will simply put the whole Activity tab into an article, set the activity tab to PRIVATE and the location inside the nested menu.

That will solve the whole situation nicely with as good as no work.
Then I can have an activity log, including login times etc...
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon