Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Gallery Bulk Import

6 years 4 months ago #304849 by association.aamoi
CB Gallery Bulk Import was created by association.aamoi
Hi,

I've switch from a Joomla 2 to a Joomla 3.
In the previous version, gallery was not provided by CB Gallery.
How can i import all files i have to CB Gallery (in each user folder) ?

Is it a native feature ?
Can i do this with a script ? If yes how ?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 4 months ago #304854 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery Bulk Import
It has no import functionality. Download your files then drag and drop them all at once or select them all in the file selection screen in your gallery and it'll upload all of them 1 by 1 properly using CB Gallery file processing functionality.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #304857 by association.aamoi
Replied by association.aamoi on topic CB Gallery Bulk Import
Bad :(
I've more than 2000 files (total) in more than 1000 folders

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 4 months ago #304860 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery Bulk Import
Most extensions and plugins are not going to come with some sort of import functionality. It is not possible for CB Gallery to know how those files and their associated data should be handled or was handled. The file structure CB Gallery uses is as follows.

/images/comprofiler/plug_cbgallery/USER_ID/TYPE/FILE_HERE

However, those files won't display anywhere if you just directly copy them there since they've no associate database entry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon