Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB QUERY FIELD not working

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #304902 by massimolivio
[SOLVED] CB QUERY FIELD not working was created by massimolivio
Hello,
First please thanks your administrative manager for trefounding my wrong purchase promplty. This is remarkable.
Now I have a problem with the CB QUERY FIELD ADDON

String I inserted in a TEXT field ( where registering user has to enter his phone number ) in the integrations tab CB QUERY FIELD , as per demo on online video, is following:
SELECT 'id' FROM `josog_comprofiler` WHERE 'cb_privatephonenumber' = '[value]'
Well, nothing happens. In fact if I enter a value of an existing phone number, exactyly the same, of a previuos registered user, it does accept it without giving back any error message.
Ajax enabled or disabled does not make any difference.
How comes ?

Many thanks in advace.
Massimo
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 4 months ago #304907 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB QUERY FIELD not working
You're using single quotes around column names instead of back quotes. Below should work fine.

Code:
SELECT `id` FROM `#__comprofiler` WHERE `cb_privatephonenumber` = '[value]'

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #304914 by massimolivio
Replied by massimolivio on topic CB QUERY FIELD not working
No way, sorry. It does not work at all.
It keeps accepting an existing value :(
No matter using >> `#__comprofiler` <<
or >> `josog_comprofiler` << in the query string.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 4 months ago #304915 by krileon
You're doing an exact 1 to 1 match, which can be a problem if you don't enforce some sort of format. Example as follows.

User A: 123-4567
User B: 1234567

Same number, but both are allowed unless you enforce a format. Are you sure a user exists with the exact string you're trying to supply? Are you testing this in backend or frontend?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #304931 by massimolivio
Replied by massimolivio on topic CB QUERY FIELD not working
:(
I'm positive values entered vs value stored is exactly the same.
If it's quicker for you I may send private message with page login url so you can test as well as access to backend.
Let me know
Many thanks in advance
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 4 months ago #304942 by krileon
Query looks fine as does the data. Are you sure CB Query Field is even loading? Please ensure it's Public and Published within CB > Plugin Management. I'm having no issues in my tests with query validation. If issue persists after checking to make sure the plugin is loading please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon