Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to deal with multi-languages sites

• ducky13
  • ducky13
6 years 4 months ago #304929 by ducky13
Hello there at Joomlapolis,

As Community Builder is dealing with languages in a very different way than most of other components, and with no Falang plugin available, I am just lost in how to translate new created tab, field and values for fields.
I didn't find any explanation either in your "Documentation" or in Forum's posts on that topic solving my problem. Many posts on very specific problems but nothing on very basic things as the ones I just want today. = "User Guide for translating items in CB" (As CB is used all around the world, it should be a main topic in your "Documentation" section).
So, could you give me few explanations ?
I am sure this post will be of a big interest for many CB users.

Many thanks in anticipation !
Claude

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 4 months ago #304945 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to deal with multi-languages sites
CB will load its language plugin in association with the Joomla language. So if Joomla loads Spanish and you've a CB Spanish language plugin installed it too will be loaded instead of Default (English). That's basically all there is to it. If you want to add your own language overrides you can use the below language override usage.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

There's also a language string and key finder built in as shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18712-language-key-and-text-finder

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon