Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Activity Feed - User Wall

6 years 4 months ago #304964 by GeckoSocial
Activity Feed - User Wall was created by GeckoSocial
Hi,

I am looking for some support to see if this is a possible set up.

As part of each users profile, we have a tab called Wall which displays all posts related to that user - whether thats a blog post uploaded, a post to a group or an attachment added to a group etc - The wall feed is specific to the user, and only displays content relevant to that user.

I would like to replicate the Profile Wall feed on the homepage, so each user sees their wall when logging in. I have looked at the mod_cbactivity module, and I can see I can almost recreate the wall using this module - with one difference, it shows all content, and is not specific to the user. (I am currently configuring this module with the following string "profile.%.connection,activity.%.comment,blog.%,groupjive.group.%"

Is there anyway to configure the Activity Feed (mod_cbactivity) so that it just shows a users Wall Posts and notifications only, and not every notification or group post?

If it isn't possible with the Activity Feed (mod_cbactivity) module, is there a way to achieve this using any other method.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 4 months ago #304968 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activity Feed - User Wall
It's showing all users activity because you're using wildcards. If you want it to show the logged in users activity you can use the below assets.

user.connections,following

That's the same as the default Activity tab output. It displays the users activity, their connections, and the activity of anything they're following. If for example you want it to only show their activity directly simply set it to "user". Substitutions also work in the Asset parameter so for example profile.[user_id] is valid.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GeckoSocial

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon