Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Upgrade template woes

• huntrdog
  • huntrdog
6 years 4 months ago #304977 by huntrdog
Upgrade template woes was created by huntrdog
I've just upgraded from 1.9 to its latest version (2.1.4+build.2018.05.14.16.53.38.b654953b0). I'd made my own template, however, now wish to show the new, CB 2.0 look. I understand that CB templates (that only display CB data and do not interfere with your Joomla template) can be installed as a CB Plug-in. Presently, I only have the "default" option, which now looks terrible in 2.0.

I did run the canvas tool, and several others. Where can I find only a CB display template, or can you direct me on how to restore the 2.0 version?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 4 months ago #304979 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upgrade template woes
Your custom template won't be compatible with CB 2.x unless you completely update it to be. You can switch CB back to default template within CB > Configuration > User Profile and set "Template" back to "Default".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: huntrdog

• huntrdog
  • huntrdog
6 years 4 months ago #304983 by huntrdog
Replied by huntrdog on topic Upgrade template woes
Thank you for the reply. Perhaps someone before me may have hardcoded changes into the exsisting CB "default" template as it's layout is nothing close to how the new 2.0 should look. I only have the "default" option available in the CB Config settings. I have removed .css tweaks from the custom style sheet.

Any ideas on how to get this looking right? Nothing is visible, other than the profile pic, though the fields are published.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 4 months ago #304994 by krileon
Just looks like a style conflict from your Joomla template. Switch to default Joomla protostar template and see if styling issues still exist. Otherwise I don't know what to tell you. Installing CB will clear any core code modifications. Using the canvas layout tool in CB > Tools will move your tabs and fields for canvas layout usage. Compare your site to our demo site below (backend is available to review configuration) and see what is configured differently resulting in it not displaying as expected.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: huntrdog

• huntrdog
  • huntrdog
6 years 4 months ago #305000 by huntrdog
Replied by huntrdog on topic Upgrade template woes
Thanks for writing! Profile pages are not displaying correctly using Prostar, either. It looks like someone completely carved up the code. Might you be able to direct me to the location of the profile-display files to check? Perhaps I can replace them.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 4 months ago #305004 by krileon
Install CB 2.x and it will override any core modifications. There's nothing further you need to do to remove core modifications. Ensure CBs default template is loaded within CB > Configuration > User Profile. Check CB template overrides functionality below to see if any overrides were deliberately added.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

Beyond that review your tab and field configurations as fields not display could simply be a configuration problem (e.g. not set to display on profile).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon