Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB activity too slow

• mboaria
  • mboaria
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #305031 by mboaria
[SOLVED] CB activity too slow was created by mboaria
Hi, for any reason maiten.com/staff where we have CB activity is taking too long to load, more than 20 seconds, some days ago was faster. I delete two plugins that I installed lately but the problem continues. Could you check what is the problem please?

Thanks.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #305033 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB activity too slow
CB Activity is as optimized as well as it can be. There's no further room for improvements until I've completely rewritten the database structure for it. I've now tested over 500,000 activity entries in the database and it performs perfectly fine. The page you linked is not publicly accessible so I've no idea what to suggest, but based off your previous posts you're uploading hundreds of photos in CB Gallery causing hundreds of activity entries to generate and have to be grouped. This shouldn't be an issue anymore if everything is up to date since CB Auto Actions can now group multi-uploads into a single activity entry now.

Are you sure CB Activity is even causing slow loading? Is all of CB Activity content loaded, but the page is still loading? Your home page for example takes a long time to load for me. There's a fatal JS error regarding "revslider" and you've 9 images that failed to load.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by krileon.

• mboaria
  • mboaria
6 years 4 months ago #305057 by mboaria
Replied by mboaria on topic CB activity too slow
Hi Krileon, you have admin details to see maiten.com/staff ... I sent those via private message some time ago. Please could you check? As I said, some days ago the page maiten.com/staff was faster, but for some reason now it takes more than 20 seconds

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 4 months ago #305062 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB activity too slow
Base off quick glance you only have 158 activity entries with most just being profile activity. There's no reason or means for it to be going that slow. Even unpublishing CB Activity does not solve the performance problem. Something else on that page is taking a significant amount of time to load.

You will need to profile your site and be more accurate as to exactly what is slowing down your site. We do not provide such assistance here. You can profile PHP side using xdebug and you can profile JS/HTML side using your browsers built in developer tools (press F12). Your issue is likely due to something installed causing a heavy server side processing operation that maybe stuck in a loop.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mboaria
  • mboaria
6 years 4 months ago #305104 by mboaria
Replied by mboaria on topic CB activity too slow
Hi Krileon, ok thanks. It was a problem related with LDAP authentication. Now it works faster.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon