Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Relative URL

• huntrdog
  • huntrdog
6 years 4 months ago #305090 by huntrdog
Relative URL was created by huntrdog
Hello,

Can I configure links within Community Builder to be relative, rather than absolute?

I'm trying to use website CB pages within a mobile app. I have made a blank Joomla page that displays only the CB list data (without logo/modules/etc). All of the link-list URLs are absolute, so when clicking to a profile page, the regular Joomla pages render, along with logo/menu/etc, that I wish to keep hidden when viewing inside the app. Unfortunately, the app maker I am using does not allow for .css hiding, like with regular HTML. I believe that if I could use only relative URLS, the profile pages would publish in the same fashion as the blank app page.

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 4 months ago #305103 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Relative URL
All URLs supplied throughout CB, Joomla, etc.. should be non-SEF and begin with index.php. If you need custom routing behavior you'll need an extension that allows you to rewrite the URLs however you like. It sounds like you're needing to navigate to profiles with tmpl=component in the URL so only the component will display and nothing else. Looks like you're just needing to override the row linking for your userlist though, which you can do using the below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/239223-userlist-rows-linking-into-new-window#305029

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: huntrdog

• huntrdog
  • huntrdog
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #305210 by huntrdog
Replied by huntrdog on topic Relative URL
Thank you for the reply! I've downloaded cbautoactionsbot, installed through CB admin, and enabled it in the J plugins management (twice). I do not see the plugin available to use in the CB plugin grid.

Thank you in advance!

Joomla! 3.8.1
2.1.4+build.2018.05.14.16.53.38.b654953b0
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by huntrdog.

• nant
  • nant
6 years 4 months ago #305211 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Relative URL

huntrdog wrote: Thank you for the reply! I've downloaded cbautoactionsbot, installed through CB admin, and enabled it in the J plugins management (twice). I do not see the plugin available to use in the CB plugin grid.

Thank you in advance!

Joomla! 3.8.1
2.1.4+build.2018.05.14.16.53.38.b654953b0

it's a joomla plugin - you should see it in the joomla plugin area

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 4 months ago #305233 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Relative URL
You're needing to install CB Auto Actions if you're intending to follow the linked topics usage. You've installed CB Auto Actions Bot, which is just the Joomla plugin allowing CB Auto Actions to act on Joomla events. Download the Presets, see link below, to download all aspects of a plugin that has multiple extensions.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/presets

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon