• fribse2011
6 years 4 months ago #305194 by fribse2011
Problem with registrations was created by fribse2011
Hi Guys

Joomla 3.8.8
CB 2.1.4
antispam plugin 3.1.0

I have a couple of problems with registration
I get a lot of fake registrations, despite that I've disabled Joomla's own registration, and only allow it through CB.
CB is protected by antispam plugin.
I'm currently using the 'internal code' setting, it was set to 4, I've increased it to 8.

I've tried with the questions, but as far as I can tell, it only uses the first question. Question block is created like this:
A question?=An answer\r\nAnother question?=Another answer\r\n
That should be correct, right?

I can't use the math setting, as the 'arithmetic' operators are not translated to danish.

I've gone with the recaptcha v2, but I really don't like that one.

For all of them, it happens that if I don't answer the question, the page refreshes, but only shows the 'name' field in the registration form?
As shown here:

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 4 months ago #305228 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with registrations

I've tried with the questions, but as far as I can tell, it only uses the first question. Question block is created like this:
A question?=An answer\r\nAnother question?=Another answer\r\n
That should be correct, right?

Each question and answer block should be separated by a linebreak. Don't manually add \r\n, simply press Enter/Return. So you'd have the following.

A question?=An answer
Another question?=Another answer

I can't use the math setting, as the 'arithmetic' operators are not translated to danish.

You can translate them. All the non-integer based parts of the math captcha are passed through translations. So for example to translate "add" you'd have a language override as follows.

Key: add
String: ADD

The math question language string is as follows.

Key: CAPTCHA_MATH_EQUATION
String:
Code:
What is [left] [operator] [right]?

For all of them, it happens that if I don't answer the question, the page refreshes, but only shows the 'name' field in the registration form?
As shown here:

Please ensure you've the latest CB build and CB AntiSpam build installed and retry. I'm not seeing any such issue in my tests.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
6 years 3 months ago #305688 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic Problem with registrations
With the upgrade to 2.2.0 it seems to be mostly solved, still one a bit odd thing,
When I go to the mainpage, the login box looks like this:

When I go to the registration page, the login box looks like this:

So somehow the CSS is affected by showing the registration page?

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 months ago #305710 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with registrations
CB doesn't apply its CSS to the login module as it's meant to be styled by your template. Right click and inspect element on the password field to open your browsers developer tools then review the CSS on the password input to see why it's shifting down. I'm guessing it has a margin being added by something.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon