Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Protect user's album and upload to a specific album

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #305394 by massimolivio
Hello,
I'm a little lost with "assets" parameters so, well it would be grat to have a list of all of them somewhere here so I would not bother you anymore :) ... ,these are my questions:

1) How can I avoid to let a user upload media in somebody else album ? In fact if a user creates an album everybody can upload files into it , at the moment with my general settings.

2) I would like to create a link to force users to upload files into a specific album, let's call this album "roses". How do I manage this ?

3) A.M. "roses" album is part of "FLOWERS" category in my mind, so How can I display then all files uploaded by all users in "FLOWERS" separating them with subcategories albums "roses","dasy","lillies" etc... ?

Many thanks in advance for support.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by massimolivio.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 4 months ago #305408 by krileon

I'm a little lost with "assets" parameters so, well it would be grat to have a list of all of them somewhere here so I would not bother you anymore :) ... ,these are my questions:

It's not possible to have a list of assets. Assets is unlimited and whatever you want it to be. The core assets available are described in the parameter description (e.g. profile).

1) How can I avoid to let a user upload media in somebody else album ? In fact if a user creates an album everybody can upload files into it , at the moment with my general settings.

It's not possible for a user to upload to another users profile gallery unless they're a CB Moderator. Ensure Moderator View Access Level is set correctly in CB > Configuration > Moderation as if set to something like Public or Registered then all your users have moderator permissions.

2) I would like to create a link to force users to upload files into a specific album, let's call this album "roses". How do I manage this ?

Create a Joomla menu item with menutype Community Builder > Plugin then for Plugin select CB Gallery. Next for Action select New Upload / Link then for Album supply the ID of the album in their profile gallery you want to upload to. There is no way to dynamically link to albums like I suspect you're wanting though.

3) A.M. "roses" album is part of "FLOWERS" category in my mind, so How can I display then all files uploaded by all users in "FLOWERS" separating them with subcategories albums "roses","dasy","lillies" etc... ?

There is no support for sub-albums. You can link to a specific album using the Album parameter of your menu item as described above, but this will not be dynamic.

Sounds like your best option is to flat out create a new Gallery that specifically is for flowers. Give users upload permissions to that gallery, but don't allow them to create albums. You would then create the albums so you can specifically link to them. To create a new gallery simply create a gallery field, gallery menu item, or gallery module then set Asset to something like "flowers" then adjust the rest of the parameters as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #305422 by massimolivio
Replied by massimolivio on topic Protect user's album and upload to a specific album

krileon wrote:

It's not possible to have a list of assets. Assets is unlimited and whatever you want it to be. The core assets available are described in the parameter description (e.g. profile).
This still not clear. Probably I need to understand better what "assets" mean.

It's not possible for a user to upload to another users profile gallery unless they're a CB Moderator. Ensure Moderator View Access Level is set correctly in CB > Configuration > Moderation as if set to something like Public or Registered then all your users have moderator permissions.
Ok this is clear now at the moment -Thanks

Create a Joomla menu item with menutype Community Builder > Plugin then for Plugin select CB Gallery. Next for Action select New Upload / Link then for Album supply the ID of the album in their profile gallery you want to upload to. There is no way to dynamically link to albums like I suspect you're wanting though.
OK now this is NOT resolved.
In fact what I need is an album where only registered users and all of them can upload (photos,movies atc...).
If I create an Album in backend the owner is mandatory, therefore nobody but the ower will be able to upload in it.
Is there a way to resolve this for and only that particular album(s) or I have to look for ma different software solution ?
Attatchment is yesterday news for You, I Know :) (*)

There is no support for sub-albums. You can link to a specific album using the Album parameter of your menu item as described above, but this will not be dynamic.

Sounds like your best option is to flat out create a new Gallery that specifically is for flowers. Give users upload permissions to that gallery, but don't allow them to create albums. You would then create the albums so you can specifically link to them. To create a new gallery simply create a gallery field, gallery menu item, or gallery module then set Asset to something like "flowers" then adjust the rest of the parameters as needed.

(*) I test this suggestion, maybe it is the solution. Hope so .

Thanks a lot by now.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 4 months ago #305429 by krileon
The asset of the album should match the asset of the gallery it belongs to. So if your gallery has an asset of flowers then set the asset for your album to flowers.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon