Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Searching title and description of CB Gallery albums and items

• MMDoege
  • MMDoege
6 years 4 months ago #305460 by MMDoege
We'ld like to offer community-wide search for titles and decriptions of a field which has type "Gallery" (in addition to let users search inside Gallery).
As there's apparently no Gallery Searchbot avail. we'ld like let cbsearchbot search a CB field type text.

CB field would have to get data from DB as follows:

SELECT CONCAT( title, ' ', description ) FROM `jos_comprofiler_plugin_gallery_items`
WHERE user_id = '[userid]'
AND CONCAT( title, description ) IS NOT NULL;

What is appropiate way to convert DB rows into a simple CB text field via Auto Action triggered by OnAfterUserUpdate/OnAfterUpdateUser?

1) Code Action and PHP program reading DB?
2) Query Action and facilitating variables? If yes ... how to do it?

Would heartly appreciate any help on this toipic.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 4 months ago #305480 by krileon
There's no functionality for that. You'd have to create a gallery that displays all profile gallery entries which they could then search (e.g. Joomla menu item to CB Gallery with asset set to profile.%). There's already a feature ticket to eventually provide a Joomla search bot to search galleries as follows.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6165

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon