Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Userlist grid view - Canvas picture and grid adjustments

• mz
  • mz
6 years 4 months ago #305548 by mz
Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the new 2.2. After updating to the new cb 2.2 I have initially noticed 2 issues:

1. I am using userlist with grid layout. I cannot find the usual grid layout height and width adjustment options?
2. The canvas picture used in my userlist grid layout, seems not to be auto adjusted like in the older revision?

Thanks.

Br.

Morten

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 4 months ago #305583 by krileon

1. I am using userlist with grid layout. I cannot find the usual grid layout height and width adjustment options?

Those were removed as grid usage has been redesigned to be completely responsive.

2. The canvas picture used in my userlist grid layout, seems not to be auto adjusted like in the older revision?

Ensure canvas field is selected as the first field in the first column of your userlist. You can compare your configuration to our demo site below as well.

demo.cbdemosites.com/community-builder/user-lists/grid-layout

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mz
  • mz
6 years 3 months ago #305850 by mz
Hi again,

Those were removed as grid usage has been redesigned to be completely responsive.

MZ: Ok. Nevertheless would it possible to some how limit the framesizes in the "grid view option"? I would really like that we could adjust or limit the width somehow. I think there were two ways before - by column size (in column settings) or grid width (in parameter settings). If I try to narrow down or increasing my page width I always have 3 profiles in the width....Am I missing something?

Ensure canvas field is selected as the first field in the first column of your userlist. You can compare your configuration to our demo site below as well.

MZ: The canvas field is selected as the first field in the column in my case. It does not auto adjust or is responsive in my case. I have used the inspector tool to identify the canvas image size in the "grid view option". Then I resized the image to fit exact (4:1 in my case) and that work well in the desktop view, but is not adjusted well in the mobile view. This worked for me before.
What am I doing wrong, any idea?

3. Nice feature with the 3 different list view options according to your demo site. But where can I find this in my CB setup?

Thanks.

Br.

Morten

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 months ago #305866 by krileon

MZ: Ok. Nevertheless would it possible to some how limit the framesizes in the "grid view option"? I would really like that we could adjust or limit the width somehow. I think there were two ways before - by column size (in column settings) or grid width (in parameter settings). If I try to narrow down or increasing my page width I always have 3 profiles in the width....Am I missing something?

It will display 3 columns, then collapse to 2, then collapse to 1 depending on the view size (your browser window size). There is no option to change this at this time. We've a feature ticket to implement support for adjusting the starting column size of the grid usage in a future release.

MZ: The canvas field is selected as the first field in the column in my case. It does not auto adjust or is responsive in my case. I have used the inspector tool to identify the canvas image size in the "grid view option". Then I resized the image to fit exact (4:1 in my case) and that work well in the desktop view, but is not adjusted well in the mobile view. This worked for me before.
What am I doing wrong, any idea?

I've no idea, you maybe have a CSS conflict issue or a configuration issue. Please compare your gird userlist configuration against our demo site, which works fine and see if there's a configuration problem. The canvas field should be the first field display and be set to display on 1 line without title.

3. Nice feature with the 3 different list view options according to your demo site. But where can I find this in my CB setup?

You've full access to our demo site. Simply click "Administrator" under the "Login As" module on our demo site and login to backend to explore the configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mz
  • mz
6 years 3 months ago #305904 by mz
Hi again,

It will display 3 columns, then collapse to 2, then collapse to 1 depending on the view size (your browser window size). There is no option to change this at this time. We've a feature ticket to implement support for adjusting the starting column size of the grid usage in a future release.

MZ: Ok. I will look forward for that feature.

I've no idea, you maybe have a CSS conflict issue or a configuration issue. Please compare your gird userlist configuration against our demo site, which works fine and see if there's a configuration problem. The canvas field should be the first field display and be set to display on 1 line without title.

MZ: This canvas field is really not my best friend. I think I found that my page content is shown as "fullwidth boxed". I am using Gantry helium template. This looks nice and fully responsive in the grid view of my desktop. But then it is reduced and not responsive in the width on mobile view...???
I then tried to set it in fullwidth to the edges in desktop and mobile view. It then presents the full image but is not a nice solution. I see that it reacted a bit different in the older version when using grid size adjustments.
When I make another image field to replace the canvas field, it gets better with the image size adaption but does not have the same edge to edge functionality. I also tried to test the same on your demo site, same issue with the sizing, with my "fullwidth boxed" solution.
Any thoughts?

You've full access to our demo site. Simply click "Administrator" under the "Login As" module on our demo site and login to backend to explore the configuration.

MZ: Thanks. I was trying the different list options and it´s nice in the desktop view. Still I am missing the opportunity to have list or multicolumn view with 3 columns in the mobile view as an option? Column titles still gets clubbed in the top. Or am I missing something?

After the update to 2.2 I see that the styling color of the field titles now are identical to the content entered in the fields. This makes it more difficult to seperate. Does not seem to be the case on you demo site. Any idea what I am doing wrong or can I change the field title styling somehow?

Thanks.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 months ago #305907 by krileon

MZ: This canvas field is really not my best friend. I think I found that my page content is shown as "fullwidth boxed". I am using Gantry helium template. This looks nice and fully responsive in the grid view of my desktop. But then it is reduced and not responsive in the width on mobile view...???
I then tried to set it in fullwidth to the edges in desktop and mobile view. It then presents the full image but is not a nice solution. I see that it reacted a bit different in the older version when using grid size adjustments.
When I make another image field to replace the canvas field, it gets better with the image size adaption but does not have the same edge to edge functionality. I also tried to test the same on your demo site, same issue with the sizing, with my "fullwidth boxed" solution.
Any thoughts?

I've no idea as I'm not the developer of your template. If you can supply a URL to a userlist affected I can take a look at the CSS real quick. You can supply the URL in confidential tags if you don't want it public.

MZ: Thanks. I was trying the different list options and it´s nice in the desktop view. Still I am missing the opportunity to have list or multicolumn view with 3 columns in the mobile view as an option? Column titles still gets clubbed in the top. Or am I missing something?

You can't use 3 column view on mobile. It will collapse down on purpose.

After the update to 2.2 I see that the styling color of the field titles now are identical to the content entered in the fields. This makes it more difficult to seperate. Does not seem to be the case on you demo site. Any idea what I am doing wrong or can I change the field title styling somehow?

There was never a color difference between labels and their values. I'm assuming you mean they're not bold anymore? What you're seeing is just default Bootstrap 4 behavior; we do not alter the defaults. If you want bold labels you'll need to add the CSS for that. You can see how Bootstrap styles forms below.

getbootstrap.com/docs/4.1/components/forms/

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: mz

Moderators: beatnantkrileon