Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] User params not saved in frontend-edit

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #305555 by vanGogh1967
Hello!

I have the following problem: if a user (or admin) edits a user-profile in frontend and save the profile, always this string is written (add) in the params-field of users-table: {"0":""}
and this happens every time, so after a few edits I have this: {"0":"{\"0\":\"{\\\"0\\\":\\\"{\\\\\\\"0\\\\\\\":\\\\\\\"{\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"0\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\":\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"{}\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"}\\\\\\\"}\\\"}\"}"}

and so on.

If I edit the profile in backend, it works fine: {"language":"de-DE","editor":"jce","timezone":"Europe\/Berlin"}

But after a few frontend-edits it looks like this: {"language":"de-DE","editor":"jce","timezone":"Europe\/Berlin","0":"{\"language\":\"de-DE\",\"editor\":\"jce\",\"timezone\":\"Europe\\\/Berlin\",\"0\":\"{\\\"language\\\":\\\"de-DE\\\",\\\"editor\\\":\\\"jce\\\",\\\"timezone\\\":\\\"Europe\\\\\\\/Berlin\\\",\\\"0\\\":\\\"{\\\\\\\"language\\\\\\\":\\\\\\\"de-DE\\\\\\\",\\\\\\\"editor\\\\\\\":\\\\\\\"jce\\\\\\\",\\\\\\\"timezone\\\\\\\":\\\\\\\"Europe\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\/Berlin\\\\\\\"}\\\"}\"}"}

it doesn't matter if I have allowed the params-setting in CB or not, or if I show the params fields in profile/edit profile or not.

I tried to switch off a lot of third-party plugins and I also changed the template.But nothing changes. Also I put the site in debug-mode, but i got no errors.

I saw several posts with simular problems, but no solution helped me so far.

Regards,
Stephen
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #305556 by vanGogh1967
Replied by vanGogh1967 on topic User params not saved in frontend-edit
I think I found it. I will make further tests. My mistake was, that I hide all of the params. But there must be a least one param which is not hidden (i choose timezone).
And then adjust setting like discussed in this post: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/237095-user-database-keeps-filling-when-update-profil#296056

If you don't want the user to edit the params, then switch it off in cb configuration.

Stephen
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon