Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Like system notification displaying wrong variable

• timstohr
  • timstohr
6 years 3 months ago #305693 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
The Like system notification is displaying the wrong variable for the name of the activity that was liked. It displays the ID of the activity instead of the content of the activity.
Try it out... Like a post and the person whose post will have been liked gets a notification with: "XYZ has just liked #10456"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #305713 by krileon
That's perfectly normal. If the activity doesn't have a stored title or message it just shows the id. It's a language string so you can freely change it to whatever you like if you prefer it to say "post" instead of "#1234".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by krileon.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
6 years 3 months ago #305722 by timstohr
Found the problem... Can you remember? I had suggested to you about leaving the message of an activity empty if you upload a photo, video or whatever into CB Activity. You had agreed which is awesome as people can now upload pictures as well. BUT... when a user likes the uploaded gallery (with the empty message) than the author gets a message that has the ID of the activity in it. It would be great if it could say "XYZ liked your uploaded photos" or something like this.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 months ago #305734 by krileon
It already does that if they actually upload it in CB Gallery. If they upload it in a post it's not a gallery activity entry so that isn't parsed. There are no plans to change this behavior as the post isn't specific to CB Gallery so it wouldn't make sense for CB Gallery to override its title or message output.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
6 years 3 months ago #305923 by timstohr
Yeah the upload is in CB Activity. When the user likes an activity container containing Photos, the notification should be "XYZ likes your photo". What you can do, is "simply" send the variable "photos" along the trigger instead of the variable that currently displays the title. Or even better... you put "photos" into the variable that usually contains the message of the activity IF the activity is empty and there are photos uploaded.
Same for files, videos etc...

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 months ago #305929 by krileon
There is no functionality for CB Gallery to hook into the notification parsing for standard activity entries. It has no clue they even exist as activity notifications do not fire the display trigger. Will review improving this for a future release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7216
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7215

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: timstohr

Moderators: beatnantkrileon