CB default template Layout bad and poor after Upgrade from 2.1.6 to 2.2.0

• flatcoated
  • flatcoated
6 years 3 months ago #305701 by flatcoated
I use CB now a long long time, all work fine, the pages look like this

Today I upgrade from CB 2.1.6 to latest 2.2.0, and now? bad looking site :S

Anybody an idea whats going wrong?

If switch to Joomla standard Protostar Template it also look bad :dry:
I test some other templates, but than I have to go back to 2.1.6 because many users write to me and complain about unreadable, unusable site
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 months ago #305704 by krileon
See my reply below regarding small text.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/239316-community-builder-2-2-bootstrap-4-release?start=6#305472

No idea what's breaking the grid usages. Switch to default Joomla protostar and see if they're still really small. If they are see if any caching is enabled and if so purge the cache and recheck.

CB 2.2 is a complete style engine upgrade to Bootstrap 4. Expect there to be conflicts. Do not install it on a live site immediately. Install on a clone and evaluate what CSS conflicts you'll need to resolve.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• flatcoated
  • flatcoated
6 years 3 months ago #305714 by flatcoated
As I wrote (see 1st entrie) I also check with protostar, but same! Grids broken, font very very small. I switch back to 2.1.6 now, because users not happy.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 months ago #305724 by krileon
Again, see my reply above regarding small text. Small text is a symptom of a bad Joomla template. Your Joomla template has set the font size of the root element (html) to be extremely small which messes up browser default font size resulting in small rem sizes.

As for the grid issue I don't know what to suggest. You'd have to provide a URL to the issue.

Of course revert to CB 2.1.6 on a live install. This is a complete style engine update. Install on a clone of your site so you can test for any styling conflicts.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon