Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Can I put the user Portrait image on the Author Menu?

6 years 3 months ago #305751 by paulsmedberg
Can I put the user Portrait image on the Author Menu?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 months ago #305764 by krileon
Please clarify further where you're wanting the avatar to display as I don't know what you mean by the Author menu, sorry. If it's a Joomla menu item you can use the CB Content Module and substitute in the avatar with [cb:userfield field="avatar" /] then assign the module to that menu item.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #305780 by paulsmedberg
On this site -- afrisnet.org
Once you log in (here's a temporary username: pablosmedberg, pw: smedberg)
registered users see a menu with Create a Post, My Afrisnet Profile, Change Password, Log out, and Edit My Profile -- on every page
I'd like to see each users Portrait image on the top of or part of that module.

Following your advice I went to create a new module with the code snippet you provided. There didn't seem to be a module type called a CB Content Module. I then installed cbcontentbot, but nothing labeled CB Content was available in module types.

Thank you for your help.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 months ago #305804 by krileon
You can download CB Content Module below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/modules

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #305823 by paulsmedberg
Great. Thank you.

I got the CB Module, put the avatar code in. Set position and it appears.

I was unable to figure out how to attach the module to the menu.
Can the short code spec an image size?

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 months ago #305857 by krileon

I was unable to figure out how to attach the module to the menu.

Within your module click the Menu Assignment tab and select the menu items you want the module to display on.

Can the short code spec an image size?

Nope, just surround it with a div element that has inline styles limited to the size you're wanting or use custom CSS specific to your module. Example div usage as follows.

Code:
<div style="max-height: 100px; max-width: 100px;">[cb:userfield field="avatar" /]</div>

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon