Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Profile Wall, Profile Blog and Invites not working right

• nuimage
  • nuimage
6 years 3 months ago #305778 by nuimage
1. I just tried to test post on my created profile wall, but when I click post, I go to the 404 error page. It links to: ldstribe.com/profile#cbtabpane34
Also, there is no formatting there. Is that right, or should there be some formatting options showing?

2. When I click on Profile Blog +New Blog button, I go to the 404 error page again. It links to: ldstribe.com/profile#cbtabpane33
However, I tested the Invite tab, after sending out invitations, the page I was forwarded to I also saw the blog and clicked it again to add blog and from here it worked..

3. I tested the forum and after I end up on the forum, post, etc, how can someone go back to the main site?

4. The invites I sent thru the system never arrived at the email box. Do I need to set anything up? I left the fields blank in CB Invites.

5. Can I rename these addons and take out the cb? If I take out the cb from the title of the addon, would it also change the url and not have the cb in it? I don't want to try and mess things up and wanted to ask first.

6. A weird little menu icon is showing when I am in the forum. Image attached. What is this and how can I remove it? It doesn't link to anything.

Thank you!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 months ago #305803 by krileon

1. I just tried to test post on my created profile wall, but when I click post, I go to the 404 error page. It links to:

Within CB > Configuration > User Profile ensure "Profile View Access Level" is set to Public or Registered. Next ensure CB ProfileBook is public and published within CB > Plugin Management. Retry and see if issue persists. If it does disable SEF in Joomla global configuration and retry.

2. When I click on Profile Blog +New Blog button, I go to the 404 error page again. It links to: ldstribe.com/profile#cbtabpane33
However, I tested the Invite tab, after sending out invitations, the page I was forwarded to I also saw the blog and clicked it again to add blog and from here it worked..

Same steps as my above reply except ensure CB Blogs is Public within CB > Plugin Management.

3. I tested the forum and after I end up on the forum, post, etc, how can someone go back to the main site?

We're not the developers of Kunena. Please post on their forums for any questions regarding Kunena.

4. The invites I sent thru the system never arrived at the email box. Do I need to set anything up? I left the fields blank in CB Invites.

As long as outbound emails work CB Invites will work fine. Ensure emails in general on your site work first. You can test sending emails to users by selecting them in CB > User Management and clicking the Mass Mailer button.

5. Can I rename these addons and take out the cb? If I take out the cb from the title of the addon, would it also change the url and not have the cb in it? I don't want to try and mess things up and wanted to ask first.

Rename them where? In CB > Plugin Management? Yes, you can by editing them but I see no reason to. Plugin name has no relevance to frontend.

6. A weird little menu icon is showing when I am in the forum. Image attached. What is this and how can I remove it? It doesn't link to anything.

No idea, contact the developer of your template.

This is the 3rd post you've asked multiple questions that had nothing to do with Community Builder or our products. Please understand support is not general Joomla support. Support is strictly for our products only.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• nuimage
  • nuimage
6 years 3 months ago #305830 by nuimage
1. The post was set for registered. I tested it in Public as well and the post is still giving me the 404 error.
2. The blog is working now for some reason. I didn't make any changes.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 months ago #305862 by krileon

1. The post was set for registered. I tested it in Public as well and the post is still giving me the 404 error.

Does disabling SEF in Joomla global configuration resolve the issue? If not what URL is it sending you to (you can remove domain from the URL).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon