Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Trial period

6 years 3 months ago #305989 by massimolivio
Trial period was created by massimolivio
Hello,
I would like to set up by default on registration a trial period for new subscribers.
What I though to do is :
-create a new "EXPIRATION-DATE" field visible but not editable by user both on registration and profile-edit where the value should be calculated in XX days after current registraton day. The day after expiration-date the user should be automatically disabled.

How would you set it up correctly since I do not see in a date field parameters a field to set up a preconfigured value on registration ?

Thanks in advance for help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 months ago #305999 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Trial period
You'll have to use CB Auto Actions for that and its Format Functions. You'll need to act on the after user registration trigger with a Field action. Next under Parameters set Format Functions to Yes. Now under Action tab set the following.

Field: YOUR_DATETIME_FIELD
Operator: Set
Value:
Code:
[cb:parse function="date" date-format="Y-m-d" time-format=" H:i:s" offset="UTC"][cb:parse function="time" time="+7 DAY"][registerdate][/cb:parse][/cb:parse]
Translate Value: No

The above should add 7 days to their registration date and set it as the value of your datetime field. You can change how many days it adds by adjusting "+7 DAY". See the below on supported values as it's just using strtotime basically.

php.net/manual/en/datetime.formats.relative.php

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, massimolivio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon