Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Items of albums remain published when album set to be "unpublished".

• MMDoege
  • MMDoege
6 years 3 months ago #306222 by MMDoege
When unpublishing an album its item(s) just become hidden from being viewed by other users - but not unpublished.
Table #__comprofiler_plugin_gallery_items gets not updated and items remain marked as "published" (col. "published" set to 1) when their parent album got unpublished.
Why's that?
Is there an option to change this (unpublishing items of unpublished albums) other than writing an auto action - query?
As we fetch all titles and descriptions of a user's albums and items into a single search string this will lead to confusing results and wrong user views.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 months ago #306224 by krileon
Unpublishing somethings parent has never unpublished its child. The child is just no longer accessible. No one except moderators and the profile owner should be able to access the media when the album is unpublished.

As we fetch all titles and descriptions of a user's albums and items into a single search string this will lead to confusing results and wrong user views.

I've no idea what you mean by this or how you're fetching that information. If using a database query just join the albums table and check for the albums publish state.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon